Dogomania

How much excercise does your dog get?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On a daily basis? just curious. I am interested to know about different breeds and their excerise needs/requirements.

Personally if my dogs dont get out for at least 1-2 hours a day they go nutso. They NEED 1-2 hours off leash every day. Damn demanding dogs!! :angel:

Mine get an hour in the morning, 6:30-7:30 AM

Then in the afternoon I take them for seperate walks, either Lucky and Chaos together and Riley on his own or Riley and Lucky together and Chaos on her own. They get about 15 mins to half an hour.

Then someone else takes them out for another 1-2 hours at night, usually 7- 8 or 9 pm.

[quote name='kendalyn']It seems to be enough for him. I think I'm going to buy a springer this summer though and see how he likes it.[/quote]

Wait up.. Springer?! As in the breed?? How come i didnt hear this!!!

....either that or I'm having a blonde moment and its some other thing... :oops: :lol:

[quote name='ESSlover'][quote name='kendalyn']It seems to be enough for him. I think I'm going to buy a springer this summer though and see how he likes it.[/quote]

Wait up.. Springer?! As in the breed?? How come i didnt hear this!!!

....either that or I'm having a blonde moment and its some other thing... :oops: :lol:[/quote]
Thats what I was wondering to...I wanna know I wanna know! Tell me tell me!

Anyway My dogs are outside frequently all day and get 15 minute walks after school

LOL @ ESSlover!
Clea is always out in the garden, except for when it rains heavily we bring her inside, so she's free to frolic as she pleases, but i take her out for long walks after school, usually about an hour in total every day, and on weekends probaby around an hour and a half, most of which is spent playing!

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']I was thinking of getting one of those for Riley. Being a border collie he has tons of energy to burn. And I don't much fancy being pulled off my bike because he sees a squirrel. :wink:[/quote]

the better springers use metal poles to attach the dog on a harness to your bike. it prevents them from running in front or in back of you, and if he saw a squirrel while he may lunge, the metal poles are very strong. you just have to watch him while you're biking

Just recently, K has slowed down in her activity level. I think she's finally come to terms with her age and realizes that old geezers like her aren't supposed to be running lap after lap, day after day. :lol:

She is a Labrador Retriever mix (hence the name Mutt_Lady, LOL) and she gets walked twice a day. However, I suspect that if I didn't own a dog walking business she would only get one. She also has an hour to trot around and be merry at the local dog park. Sometimes that will replace a walk...

It really depends on the day and how lazy I'm feeling. :oops:

[quote name='courtnek'][quote name='Lucky Chaos']I was thinking of getting one of those for Riley. Being a border collie he has tons of energy to burn. And I don't much fancy being pulled off my bike because he sees a squirrel. :wink:[/quote]

the better springers use metal poles to attach the dog on a harness to your bike. it prevents them from running in front or in back of you, and if he saw a squirrel while he may lunge, the metal poles are very strong. you just have to watch him while you're biking[/quote]

Thanks, thats definately the kind I was going to look into. Theres a guy who rides past my house with his dobe on one of these all the time, the dobe dosn't like other dogs and tries to stop when he sees mine so I assume it works pretty well.

I have a Border Collie and a LabX.
1 Half hour walk per day each seperately. I don't see much point in doing more walking as I am the only one get excercise as no matter how fast I go they act like its a relaxing stroll.
1 Half hour of brisk play at home for Zaphod who is more interested in butt scratches than playing.
Endless brisk play for Kavik as he constantly brings things for me to throw no matter where I am or what I'm doing.
1 Outing like off-lead dog park or the beach per week.