Dogomania

Kids next door throwing rocks at Patti

Awwww!!!! Patti is outside in her kennel minding her own business and I just got a call from my one of my tenants telling me that the kids next door are throwing rocks and sand at Patti!!!!! :evil: :evil: I'm so pi$$ed off right now. She is minding her own business. He told me that he went over to them and told the to stop doing that because it is not nice! He say that she is just standing there looking at them waging her knub of her tail! This is what her kennel looks like...the kennel is attache to our garage. We cut a hole in our garage to the left you can't see it in the picture but the hole is just large enough for the dogs to get in, the once they are in there are dog houses for them. The hole is cover with a curtain to stop wind and rain and snow from coming in. I'm so mad I wanna go home and bitch smack these fargin kids!!! Oh and we keep the kennel pad lock so noone opens it and "accidentaly" lets the dogs loose!!
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/xavierandrea/dj.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/xavierandrea/a1.jpg[/img]

I saw the title and shouted "throw them back." However, that probably wouldn't go over to well. To bad really because it would make me feel better.
Cinco's idea was probably better. Thanking the tenant in some way is a good idea. Also it is important to at least point out to the parents and children that what they did is cruel, innapropriate and grounds for a cruelty charge.

Well theses kids are minors I beleive their ages are 8 and 10, I did search the Ma laws for Animal Cruelty and there sure were alot... this is what I found I printed a copy and since it is only 9am right now later on today I will probally see them playing in the yard today with X so I will call them over and let them read the"LAW" and say this can happen to them!
_____
Whoever overdrives, overloads, drives when overloaded, overworks, tortures, torments, deprives of necessary sustenance, cruelly beats, mutilates or kills an animal, or causes or procures an animal to be overdriven, overloaded, driven when overloaded, overworked, tortured, tormented, deprived of necessary sustenance, cruelly beaten, mutilated or killed; and whoever uses in a cruel or inhuman manner in a race, game, or contest, or in training therefor, as lure or bait a live animal, except an animal if used as lure or bait in fishing; and whoever, having the charge or custody of an animal, either as owner or otherwise, inflicts unnecessary cruelty upon it, or unnecessarily fails to provide it with proper food, drink, shelter, sanitary environment, or protection from the weather, and whoever, as owner, possessor, or person having the charge or custody of an animal, cruelly drives or works it when unfit for labor, or willfully abandons it, or carries it or causes it to be carried in or upon a vehicle, or otherwise, in an unnecessarily cruel or inhuman manner or in a way and manner which might endanger the animal carried thereon, or knowingly and willfully authorizes or permits it to be subjected to unnecessary torture, suffering or cruelty of any kind shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2 1/2 years or by a fine of not more than $2,500, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

In addition to any other penalty provided by law, upon conviction for any violation of this section or of sections seventy-seven A, seventy-eight, seventy-eight A, seventy-nine A, seventy-nine B, eighty A, eighty B, eighty C, eighty D, eighty F, eighty-six, eighty-six A, eighty-six B or ninety-four the defendant may, after an appropriate hearing to determine the defendant's fitness for continued custody of the abused animal, be ordered to surrender or forfeit to the custody of any society, incorporated under the laws of the commonwealth for the prevention of cruelty to animals or for the care and protection of homeless or suffering animals, the animal whose treatment was the basis of such conviction.

Yesterday I had the day off so I was able to talk to the "kids". X is best friends with their older brother who is 14. I ask him to call their siblings over to my porch. Mind you these kids are very religous ( Catholic) and attend Church every Sunday and the youngest will be receiving his 1st Communion in May. The whole time I had the print out of the law behind my back in my hand.
Me- Josepine and Dukens, What is this what I heard about you throwing rocks and sand at my dog?
Josephine (10 yrs old) We weren't throwing anything!
Dukens (8 yrs old) Josephine your lying.
Josephine- No your lying your were throwing rocks and stuff.
Dukens - No, You were throwing sand and rocks at her.
Me- Remember Lying is a sin and wrong.
Them - Yes
Me-Josephine. What was your brother Dukens throwing?
Josephine- Rocks and sand.
Me- Dukens, What was your sister Josephine throwing?
Dukens- Rock and sand.
Me- Ok now that we have the truth out doesn't that feel better?
Them- Crying
Me- Do you understand that lying is a sin? Also hurting God's creatures is a sin? When your older brother Wes asked you did you throw rocks and sand at her why did you you not tell him the truth? If I told your parents right now what would happen?
Them- Our parents would make us go to confession for lying and hurting the dog.
Me - Dukens seeing that you are going to have your 1st communion in a few more weeks shouldn't you be on your best behavior.
Dukens- Yes Maam
Me- How would you like it if I threw rock at you when you were just minding your own business.
Them- We wouldn't like it.
Me- If I see you do that 1 more time I will tell your parents.

So after me lecturing them a little more and telling them that it was a crime and stuff later on that day Xavier told me that Josephine and Dukens were crying and they want to go to church to confess their sins. Wes the older brother is very dissapointed with them for lying and can't beleive that they even threw rocks and sand. Josephine wants to tell her mom what she did but Wes said to forget about it and just wait until they go to church on Sunday. ( I didn't even have to show them the paper.)

Sounds like they really felt bad about it. I think you handled that very well. Hopefully they have seen that what they done was wrong and will not do so in the future. I really think you did good with this, somepeople would have just gone to the parents screaming and throwing a fit. Way to go.