Dogomania

Question about new behaviors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all! It's been some time since I have visited this forum. I'd appreciate some input or expertise on this new behavior my dog has acquired. My dog humps :oops: :oops: :oops: . She only does this in the evening when we go to bed. We let her sleep on the bed with us, and as soon as we lay down she begins to hump! I tell her no, but this behavior has continued. She has been fixed, not to mention I always thought it was male dogs known for this. Any advice how to stop her or reason why she

Guest Anonymous

No, nothing has changed over the past few years. She seems to be very happy and I am fortunate enough where my job allows me to spend a lot of time with her etc.. She's a super submissive dog, so I don't think i'd be a dominance issue either, I guess that is why I am confused on this behavior. Espeically when it's ONLY when she is on the bed and in the evening.

Sounds like she knows what the bed is for :wink:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

:lol:

We had a female one time that humped. I was very confused by the whole thing. It was hilarioius though. I don't know what to tell ya. I think Kendalyn's suggestion is a good one.

I failed to read the part where you said you didn't think it was a dominance issue. LOL
The only other time I have seen it was when a bitch was about to come into season, but she was a dominate bitch. hummm
And I think you can have sensitve yet dominate dogs.
I would still say no bed tho.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks everyone. I can't let her out of the room, she would be heartbroken and cry the entire night. I sometimes kick her off when she humps, but once I fall asleep she gets back up again.