Dogomania

what does your dogs name mean?

Buck- The people offered us a dollar to take him.. after they left him in a hot garage on a summer day with no food or water. I just laughed at them and walked off with their dog. ;[ Poor boy.

Bishop- Named after a poet from the 60's wrote "filling Station". [RIP]

Annie- Blessed with Grace.

Odie- Garfield... self-explanitory.

Dutchess- She acts like one.

Niffer- He acts like a "swiffer sweeper" sniffing everything and such. ;]

[quote name='hillside'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Rowie (pronounced Row-E) -Scottish Bread Roll. :lol:[/quote]

Like Row your boat or like Row (ryhmes with cow) as in an arguement?
I've always said Row(ie) like the boat.[/quote]
I always thought Rowie as row your boat......I wonder now...

:tard: Why you ask these questions on Friday when I can't remember my [i]own[/i] name...

[u]Cricket[/u]- small annoying insect. (Just kidding- she jumped around like, well, a cricket when she was little.)
[u]Bug[/u]-She was the 11th of 11 puppies and was very tiny.
[u]Merlin[/u]- he looks like a magic dog.
[u]Happy[/u]- named after my first Alaskan, a popular name with sled dogs, named after the Happy River in Alaska
[u]Zeus[/u]- King of the gods- if Zeus had a human voice, it would be James Earl Jones'.
[u]George[/u]-originally named Jade, not sophisticated enough for that name, so became George.
[u]Bernie[/u]- really Washburn, named after the town he came from.
[u]Tynan[/u] means dark in Gaelic.
[u]Woofy[/u] self explanatory- sometimes called "Goofy", also self explanatory.
[u]Gemma[/u]- means gem in Italian
[u]Dot[/u]- she has a pure white dot on the back of her head.
[u]Topaz[/u] He is a pretty orangish brown color. [/i]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgA1A9YXMLB*Smj*kEOITPYu9jdv2nPntlxoJsfoDFRr54klpRM1eymgYN2o*1ew5GSHi!!YOUnNO2M!b73EnkY3C824SB28NF!hnC3kbWEEXsHqbg!6jg/all.JPG?dc=4675514014408673199[/img]

ILSA - I was originally going to name Ilsa "Cairo"... but when I go ther, she just didn't look like a Cairo. On the ride home we pondered possible names, and decided that she needed a big, tough, German Frau name. Elsa was so overdone, so I changed one letter and the name served a double purpose - it was a bit more unique and referenced an Indiana Jones character. The Ilsa int he IJ movie was seductive and intelligent, wily and snarky. A bit evil, yes, but in a way that benefitted her and her situation - she didn't care about anybody but herself, so the name fit my DoberGirl very well.

DRAKE - this was an impulse name that worked out pretty good. His registered name has "Ice Man" in it, so I needed a name related to his reg'd name. Since Bobby Drake was the Ice Man in the Marvel comics, we decided that his name would be Drake. If his name would have had "Ice Melt" in it, Drake would have been named "Mel" - the breeder liked it, but I didn't care for it much ;)

[quote name='hillside'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Rowie (pronounced Row-E) -Scottish Bread Roll. :lol:[/quote]

Like Row your boat or like Row (ryhmes with cow) as in an arguement?
I've always said Row(ie) like the boat.[/quote]

No, you've been pronouncing it right. Its Row as in row your boat Rowie. :wink:

Max- It is a shortening of maximum. My mom said he was the pet that had taken us to our "maximum" amount of animals. Two guinea pigs and a dog later...

Takona- It means "Wolf" in Athebaskan (they are a native tribe in Alaska). Named because she was living out in the woods, like a wolf.

Connor- Hmm, don't really know, I just liked the name. :)

Zebra- A horselike African Mammal of dark and white stripes.

Well he isn't horselike, he isn't from africa and he dosn't have white stripes. But he is a Mammal and has dark and light stripes. :lol:
(also not pronounced like it is in america, it is not ZEEEEE-bra. If you've ever heard the Euopean pronunciation of Zebra it sounds different. Almost like Seb-ra, rhymes with Debra)

Laurel - came with that name. means either literal "Laurel" tree (like a Laurel wreath) or a pet name of Laura. I dont care for either, but she was too old when I got her to change it. I've been calling her Lauren, I like that better.

Freebee - self explanatory if you know her story. she was an "ooppss" pup between a purebred yellow lab and who-knows-what? The mother was literally indistinguishable. My ex went and got her while I was asleep, or I would never have let him. the lady was selling them as "purebred GSD's"....(with floppy ears? not in this lifetime) but he saw through it
and she gave Freebee to him for free. He named her. it was cute soI kept it. I went and saw the mom a few weeks later..she could pass herself off as almost a coyote....

Well they don't mean anything really, Mini was so named because of the old song mini the moocher that my husband liked but I liked Mini because as a puppy she was so small. Speckles is part dalmatian and she has speckles all over the part of her that's not black. Qwill as I've said is named after a character in a book. Kitty's name is Kitty because its easy and she answers to it too! I did have a Kat named Harry Potter (guess where that came from) But he got out and I haven't seen him in over a year.

This is a great thread :D

[u]SparkyLou (c@t)[/u] - Sparky as in electrical spark, named when she was climbing the christmas tree and biting lights, Lou because it had a nice ring to it

[u]Luna (c@t)[/u] - Means "the moon" in Latin. Luna was the Roman goddess of the moon, frequently depicted driving a white chariot through the sky. Named after the c@t on Sailor Moon.

[u]Oscar (c@t)[/u] - Means "deer lover" in Gaelic. I just liked the name & it seems to fit him

[u]Gus (c@t)[/u] - From the Roman name Constantinus which was derived from the Latin word constans meaning "constant, steadfast". Actually named Gus because he reminds me of the shy mouse on Cinderella.

[u]Beckham[/u] - named after David Beckham the soccer player. When I found him he was trying to play soccer with a kid who hauled off & kicked him :(

[u]Adora[/u] - From the longer name Adoracion which means "adoration" in Spanish. Her full name is AdoraBull.