Dogomania

Patti's a Pittie??

xavierandrea

I thought this was funny so I had to share.. Yesterday a lady in the church yard behind my house said," Oh that is a big dog you got there." I said
" Why, yes she is." Lady says " I never seen a dog that big before in my life is she one of those Pitt Bulls?" I said. " No she is not a Pitt Bull she is a Rottweiler, and for your information Pitt Bull are a little smaller that Rottweilers."
Just goes to show you that some people have no clue! I mean everyone here knows I love Pitties, lets say God forbid a " large" dog bites someone and this "lady" is around and just because she thinks the dog is large its a Pittie and now a Pittie is blamed again for something it didn't do.... Some people need to just keep their mouth shut if the don't have a clue.

Guest Mutts4Me

Lol, a "little" smaller than Rotts?

A year back or so, someone asked me if it made me nervous having "those three pit bulls" across the street from me. I said that Yes, it did make me nervous, because they were trained to be aggressive.... and Also, they're not Pit Bulls, they're Rottweilers. They were a little embarassed... but then someone else asked if they weren't kind of similar... not really... and said that her neighbors had Rottweilers chained in back. Turns out those Rotts were brown and white. Hmm.

A couple days ago, I had a Dogue de Bordeaux come into the salon for a bath, and some guy was like "Dude, is that one a them red pits?" Dude, no.

Well, just to play a little devils advocate....
When this lady asked you (I'm assuming politely) if your dog was one of 'those' pitbulls, this was YOUR chance to educate her in an equally polite manner. NOT saying you were not polite, don't think that. Just wondering at the 'tone' of this thread, knowledge of dogs does not just fall from the sky or soak in through the skin.
If someone is ACCUSING you of having pitbulls, and they're not, or someone is RANTING about you having pitbulls, and they're not, still an opportunity to EDUCATE.
We can bitch and moan about the uneducated calling all dogs pit bulls but if we are not willing to EDUCATE politely and properly when given a chance, how are they going to learn? From the media? 8) We all know how often the media is dead wrong.

Carolk9s--- Actually for once I was nice..(LOL :lol: ) She is a very nice older lady in her 70s. She feeds the feral cats in the church parking lot every night. She's a retired school teacher Ether is her name.( I know her whole life story. :roll: ) I did explain the different markings and the wieght difference. She actually giggled and said " To think I taught kids for over 30 years and now a kid is teaching me something new." :D

[quote name='xavierandrea']Carolk9s--- Actually for once I was nice..(LOL :lol: ) She is a very nice older lady in her 70s. She feeds the feral cats in the church parking lot every night. She's a retired school teacher Ether is her name.( I know her whole life story. :roll: ) I did explain the different markings and the wieght difference. She actually giggled and said " To think I taught kids for over 30 years and now a kid is teaching me something new." :D[/quote]

Yeah! THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!
Good for YOU for taking the opportunity to EDUCATE.

Just got back from the Animal Planet Pet Expo, had all 3 dogs with me. I must have heard 'LOOK AT THAT WOLF' 15 times. The first time or two, I looked for the wolf, then realized they were talking about Jesse. I was too happy to tell anyone who wanted to know what breed of DOG he really is.