Dogomania

Sally cat

abker17

We had to have our kitty put to sleep this morning. :( We got her the same day I was born, so we always said her birthday was the same as mine. She would have been 15 years old some time in July.
My dad found her as a teeny baby kitten, when we lived out in the country side. Woods surronded the house, and he heard her mewing and rescued her. She was always a really social cat, and he loved her alot.
Last summer she was diagnosed with cancer (I don't know what kind.) They said she had a tumor on her stomach, and she would only get worse. The details are very fuzzy, but I know she was always hungry and thirsty because apparently her body could not absorb the nutrients of the food she was eating. Towards the end she was extremly thin and her coat was all ratty. :(
This morning she could not lift her head up. She was still walking around and everything... her head just kind of hung limp, and she couldn't/wouldn't eat. I guess this was part of the cancer's damage. My dad told us to go ahead and have her put down.
Her veins were so contracted that they ended up having to put the needle in another leg after the first one failed. By this time she was bleeding everywhere and she started to cry. I felt so bad. :( I could tell she didn't want to die, she had so much spirit left in her, her body was just giving out. I feel horrible about it. I know it was for the best, but it hurts me that she didn't understand what was happening to her, she didn't understand why we killed her. :(

RIP Sally. I hope you're happy at the Rainbow Bridge.