Dogomania

Do you hunt with dogs?

pigman

My pleasure guys!!! 8)
Remember, there always two sides to every coin.... I still feed, water, poop-scoop and socialize whether it is raining, 95 degrees, or 30 below zero. Winter means training, foot care, meat/fish to chop and training/ races. Summer means brushing, brushing, brushing, trips to the lake for swimming and supervising the kiddie pool. (The dogs have a pool, we don't... :wink: ) Every one will also get old and eventually die, and most, because they are siblings, probably very close to one another. Not something I dwell on, but it is a reality. I wouldn't trade them for the world tho, I'm honored by their friendship and trust in me.

• 3 months later...

i don't hunt at all, my dog is a pointer cross wolfhound so i know she'd love it but i'm not sure if i could bring myself to do it, i'd like to maybe go shooting one day with her (bird shooting), at the moment it still upsets me a bit.

i do spearfish though and i'm getting a lot better, my husband loves shooting, especially kangaroos, i used to hate that but i can deal with it a lot better now.

i think men that hunt are sooo manly though and the thought of my husband going shooting :oops:

felicia

Sometimes when Rowie chases a bird/lizard it gets my adrenalin running. I always wish I could bring in a rabbit and watch Rowie chase it, without the rabbit getting hurt, of course! :wink:

Hunting for sport is cruel. But when its for a good cause, why not? In the prehistoric ages man hunted.. what's the difference now? What if you DON'T want to eat the prepackaged stuff (against your beliefs)? Starve? As long as the animal is killed quickly, painlessly, I see nothing wrong with it.

Heres an intresting thought to dwell over. My 5th grade English teacher didn't believe in Spear Fishing because the fish had no choice (unlike normal fishing where the fish makes the choice to grab onto the bait). What are your thoughts on this?

Damn skippy people eat kangaroo meat! Kangaroos are plentiful (remember, we are rumoured to ride them to school) and in some areas due to drought and things have had to be culled. It's very lean so it's good for people and for dogs too. Cheap as well. It has a strong flavour though. I'm not a big fan.

Felicia, you have confused me now. ( not that it took much..LOL) You stated and I quote,,,,
[i]i do spearfish though and i'm getting a lot better, my husband loves shooting, especially kangaroos, i used to hate that but i can deal with it a lot better now.[/i]
So does this mean you cook the meat for your husband or you just hunt for sport. Because in your last post you stated and I quote,,,,,
[i]i don't eat kangaroo meat, i love them way too much infact i only eat chicken and seafood.[/i]