Dogomania

What do you think of this breeder?

Lucky Chaos

I've decided that my next dog will most likely be a breeder dog, since I'd like to show. I've decided on an APBT but with a small, leaner build since I'd like to do agility as well. I found a breeder that seems really good to me, her dogs have the perfect structure I want, they're CH's and she's only bred one litter so far but has one planned for next year. So what do the dogo experts think?

[url]http://www.cdpits.com/[/url]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I think they look great. The dogs are all in great condition and look like they are well taken care of. Bloodlines arent bad either.

A little rib in dogs isn't bad actually, they're very well conditioned. If you look at the majority of ADBA registered dogs they look like that, They're just in good shape.

Cairn I'm not officially on the waiting list but I've emailed the breeder a couple of times, she said if she didn't have a pup for me she'd help me find another breeder I liked.

Hmmm, thanks, its good to know coming from someone experienced with the breed.

Mouse, she's a couple provinces away so I can't just drive over on an afternoon and take a look. But if I go to BC this summer I've already asked. Obviously if she says no I'll take the warning and find another breeder. Also she dosn't own the sire, just females.

Here's a good site on the APBT registries, you can definately see the difference in the dogs.

[url]http://www.apbtconformation.com/apbt_size.htm[/url]

[quote name='Shannon_C'][color=darkred]I have to agree with Izzy.
To me those pups look like whippets :-? never seen APBT look so skinny

There not supposed to have there ribs showing
well thats my point anyway[/color]:o[/quote]

there ribs [i]are[/i] suppose to be showing and they are suppose to be that skinny, they are conditioned and what a real APBT is suppose to look like

her dogs are nice..not something that i go oooh and ahhh over but that's just me...there is something about her dogs that just isnt breath taking like most ADBA pit bulls I see.

but she looks like a good breeder :D

They look very nice! :) She seems like a great breeder! I'd like to see something regarding health testing, but maybe they just don't have it on the site since they haven't actually done any breeding in so long. It does say they breed for temperment and structure so that's good.

S you're moving before you get the puppy? Have you looked around at places where you can have 3 dogs? Do you think your other dogs would get along with a new dog?

No, she dosn't health test. Thats my one drawback. But I can always get the pup tested myself before doing any doggie sports. They're definately not as eye catching as a breeder like Cold Steel pits, but much closer and the best breeder as too what I'm looking for that I've found so far. So my choices are a dog with the scructure I want, or a much larger bulkier dog by someone who health tests.

Kendalyn, I'll only have the one dog. My parents flat out refused to let me take any of the three with me. Which I'll admit is fair, they're family dogs but I don't pay for them.

Cool, you'll have a slightly easier time finding a place to live! :wink:

It's just a suggestion, but if you know you'll be in the same place for a while, I would consider saving up now and buying a house when you move out. You can save up a lot easier now while you're not paying rent. You could even rent out one of the rooms to a friend for some extra income. A good friend of mine did this after high school and it worked well for her.

Guest Anonymous

Lucky,

You stated that this breeder had more of the dog that you were looking for. Without a doubt, lines within the same breed differ significantly. What exactly are you looking for in a APBT? Most people I have spoken with who like the breed like them, at least in part, because they are solid dogs.

Like the others, I am not expert in the breed, but these dogs do not look as solid as most other ABPT's I have seen. I especially am not thrilled with the look of Foxxy.

Just my $.02 worth.

Joseph

i like lady fire fox, she looks good

there is something about lady hawke that I dont like ..i guess it's her head..a lil too mmm square i guess you would say?? but she's nice lookin

lady tessa looks good :)

definately alot closer to you than Cold steel pits :lol:
i like that CD pits has only bred once in the 20 years they have had APBT's...they look like a great breeder :D

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']i like lady fire fox, she looks good

there is something about lady hawke that I dont like ..i guess it's her head..a lil too mmm square i guess you would say?? but she's nice lookin

i like that CD pits has only bred once in the 20 years they have had APBT's...they look like a great breeder :D[/quote]

Yeah I'm not a big fan of her, even if she is the mother of the other two!

I especially like Fire Fox, I'm hoping she's the one they breed.

What I'm looking for is much more of an "old time" dog. They do look finer boned then even most ADBA dogs but they're very leggy bitches. I absolutely LOVE Cold Steel pits but they're all the way in Florida. If you look at the majority of their dogs too they're small, no more then 50 lbs.

[url]http://www.coldsteelpits.com/[/url]

I don't mind a solid dog, but I don't want anything larger then 50 lbs personally.

The dogs do look thin, but they're not thin from being hungry. If you look you can see pure muscle on them, would you call a human athlete thin? The dogs work, they're not AKC or UKC dogs.

If you look at historical photos on the site AAP posted, you can see that a lot of the dogs wern't that solid.

Okay these pics won't show up but if you copy/paste it they'll show up.

[img]http://www.adba.cc/thumbimg.asp?i=Header Photos/TTY_37a.jpg&w=250&h450[/img]

[img]http://www.adba.cc/thumbimg.asp?i=Header Photos/TTY_33a.jpg&w=250&h450[/img]

[img]http://www.adba.cc/thumbimg.asp?i=Header Photos/TTY_35a.jpg&w=250&h450[/img]

[img]http://www.adba.cc/thumbimg.asp?i=historical gallery/boudreaux.jpg&w=250&h450[/img]

Stocky dogs probably arn't very agile. A dog in the pit needed to be agile.

Guest Anonymous

maybe i am retarded, but for some reason I cannot see why I like cold steel pits better. I can tell that I do like the look of them a little better--with a few notable exceptions.

some of the dogs on the site looked like the would be weak nerved. I know that is hard to tell from a picture, and it is very likely that it wwas just a bad pose, but it caught my eye.

It is hard to tell proportions, etc from pictures. a weird pose can mess everything up.

you know what they say though, the proof is in the pudding! go check it out--if they aren't breeding until 2006, then you have some time.

Joseph

[quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote name='AllAmericanPUP']i like lady fire fox, she looks good

i like that CD pits has only bred once in the 20 years they have had APBT's...they look like a great breeder :D[/quote]

Yeah I'm not a big fan of her, even if she is the mother of the other two!

I especially like Fire Fox, I'm hoping she's the one they breed.

What I'm looking for is much more of an "old time" dog. They do look finer boned then even most ADBA dogs but they're very leggy bitches. I absolutely LOVE Cold Steel pits but they're all the way in Florida. If you look at the majority of their dogs too they're small, no more then 50 lbs.

[url]http://www.coldsteelpits.com/[/url]

I don't mind a solid dog, but I don't want anything larger then 50 lbs personally.

The dogs do look thin, but they're not thin from being hungry. If you look you can see pure muscle on them, would you call a human athlete thin? The dogs work, they're not AKC or UKC dogs.[/quote]

a true APBT is suppose to be small, no more than 50lbs, the majority of them are in the 30-40 range though. :D (as you know..just puttin that out there for those who dont know)

in a dream world where there was no overpopulation I would love to have a cold steel pit dog :iloveyou:

when are you gettin the puppy?? this year? next year?? you must post tons and tons of pics! :P

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']What I'm looking for is much more of an "old time" dog. They do look finer boned then even most ADBA dogs but they're very leggy bitches. I absolutely LOVE Cold Steel pits but they're all the way in Florida. If you look at the majority of their dogs too they're small, no more then 50 lbs.

[url]http://www.coldsteelpits.com/[/url][/quote]

Don't give up on Cold Steel yet, Steph. Remember you still might be able to go down to Florida next summer and check em out. :wink: