Dogomania

Big gash

Lucky Chaos

I was outside going to take the dogs for walk when Chaos saw my nightbour, who she adores. She ran over and was all wigglebutt and licks, and then the neighbour touched her side and she yelped. I thought she was just being sensitive cause she was okay after and washing the lady's face.

Then we were at the park and I was playing with Riley and Chaos and Lucky were chasing each other, and I heard her yelp and she snapped at Lucky and wouldn't stop yelping and crying for a good minute. It was dark so I couldn't see anything so I thought she hurt a leg. She wasn't limping, but I brought them all home. In the light I finally found it, a huge gash under her fur. Its a clean cut, but I can't figure out what it could be from! She's only been in the house and the yard all day.

My dad just took her to the emergency vet, but I took a pic of it.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/spiralcide/000_0027.jpg[/img]

My poor girl. :( She never even growled, she's just been licking whoever tries to look at it.

I wasn't there so I don't know if my dad asked what it might be from. But they gave her staples and antibiotics for infection. She was so good apparently, kept trying to lick the vet haha. She must be sore but she's not really acting different, came to cuddle this morning like always.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/spiralcide/000_0029.jpg[/img]

Annie had a very similar looking cut a few years ago, on the lower part of her side, right below her ribcage. I found it a similar way too, she came to bed with me, and when I went to move her over with my foot, she yelped. I instantly thought it was her back, and pulled her out to check her out, only to find the cut. We never did figure out what caused it, though we suspect she caught it on her crate door while diving in for her food earlier that evening. She had a few stitches put in the next morning, and you can barely see where it was now, someone who didn't know it happened wouldn't be able to tell.