Dogomania

My neighbor about gave me a heart attack.

Crystal

Ok yesterday Toby was out on his chain in the front yard. It was warm but not so warm that I left the door open. I was making lunch and I would come in to look out the window and then go back to finish lunch.

Well one time I came in here and Toby was carrying his water bowl around the yard. I was almost done with lunch, so I thought I would wait to refill his bowl when I got done. Well about 5 or 6 minutes later I went out to get his bowl and it was full. :o

I was really confused, then I got really worried. I had no idea what someone had put in his bowl and I was freaking out thinking someone tried to posion my Toby.

Then the man across the street, who is as sweet an old man as there is, comes out and say "you sure have a pretty dog." I knew then it was him. He said he saw a big dog coming down the street and he thought he would go scare it off before it got near Toby. He also told me that he saw Toby's bowl knocked over and thought he would fill it up for him. I thought that was so sweet.

After that I brought Toby back in because now the other neighbors big dog is loose. That drives me nuts. I don't know if he would try to hurt Toby, but I'm not taking any chances. That was the first time he had even come around in a month. I thought he ran away or was stolen(yeah I wish) No that's mean, but that dog is an absolute monster!

Anyway, my neighbor nearly gave me a heart attack. I've never been that scared in my life. I'm very glad it turned out well!

Sorry I wouldn't give my neighbors up for anything in the world. They are all old and retired. Actually the man that gave Toby water doesn't live there. His mother does and she is totally paralized. Her kids take turns staying weeks with her. He just happened to be there this week. All my neighbors are little old ladies. My husband is the only man on the street and my kids are the only kids unless grandkids come around. It's nice to have atleast 6 people always watching out for ya!

I have all older neighbors too. I live in the house I grew up in, and it's all the same neighbors who were here when I was a kid, but they're all retired. They're all very nice and we all watch out for each other. I'm very lucky to have great neighbors, because I know lots of people have problems with their neighbors. My neighbors love my dogs too!

Whew, at first [i]I[/i] was scared when you said the water bowl was full. I automatically thought the same thing as you...

I find it fantastic that you have a neighbour who is so sweet and caring. :D It turned out to be a really good thing, rather than the bad thing we thought it was...just keep in mind how lucky you are to have a neighbour that nice!

Half of mine are insane.

there was an elderly neighbor who's back fence backs upto mine, and she was the sweetest thing in the world. she had a golden named Taffy, but had a problem at night because she would put Taffy out, and then fallasleep. after a while poor Taffy woud start barking to be let in, and sharon slept right thru it. I made a deal with her. give me a house key, and if you fall asleep while taffy is out I'll bring her in. she agreed. the neighbors were tired of hearing taffy bark late at night.

this is the same woman who came walking down the sidewalk towards my house when kyle was about 4. his dad had fallen asleep on the couch ( :roll: :roll: :roll: ) and Kyle let himself out, went to sharons house (around the corner!!!) picked up her garden hose and started spraying it in her kitchen window.....I pulled in the driveway from work just as she
was bringing him home. she told me what happened, and I felt mortified.....but she just laughed and said "I have grandchildren his age..."