Dogomania

Pixie is high as a kite!

boosiebutt

Guest Anonymous

if she is still that druged i wouldn't be feeding her.. normally you only give them a little bit of water the night they get home and then small aount of food in the am the next day.

DAL, they told me that I should give her a little water when she came home, wait an hour then feed her a little, but less than she would normally get. She held it down alright.

Pixie's doing fine today. Both she and Peanut slept like logs last night. She woke up once and was still a little goofy (I have steps up to my bed so the puppies can climb up there without me having to lift them, and she couldn't quite get the hang of them, she went up the 2 steps then plowed face first into the bed). But she's doing fine this morning.

Poor Pixie! It is strange watching them stumble around the house all stoned isnt it? Dex had an ear infection, and he would not let the vets flush his ear out. He kept shaking and not sitting still. They gave me a sedative pill and told me to reschedule and give it to him 1 hour before coming in.
I gave him the pill, he went back in to the vet, I could tell there was going to be a problem. He didnt seem to be sedated at all. He still shook his head like crazy when they tried to investigate inside his ears. Mind you, he is very sensitive about his ears. He got cropped by his previous owner at a later age.
So, the vet said "Sorry we cant help him, we need to put him under general anaesthesia to flush his ears." I said "no thanks" and left. 3 hours later he starts stumbling around the house, couldnt even walk straight. He looked like a total drunk, lol.