Dogomania

Should I? Help!

StarFox

Uh oh..I'm in trouble and I don't know what to do!!
[img]http://www.petharbor.com/get_image.asp?RES=Detail&ID=A175969&LOCATION=PSDN[/img]
We got this dog in at the shelter yesturday and I have to have him! My parents actually said ok so now it's up to me to decide. He is a little clone of Zebra so I'm totally in love with him. I already have the application filled out and it's sitting on the table. I have untill tomarrow(weds.) morning to put the application in..arg I don't know what to do!!!!!!! :-?

He was an owner turn in because they couldn't take care of him anymore. He is about 4 months and super friendly. I think he is a GSD/golden/ chow mix.

Do I get him? I want him because he is soo cute but realisticly it's not about me but about him. I don't know how well another dog would fit into the house since space whise it's kinda small. But Zebra is bored durring the day and he needs a playmate. Poor Zeb tried to play with our rabbit the other day and she would have none of it.

I wish my parents would have just said no, it would have made things a million times easier!!!!! :(

[quote name='kendalyn']Why not try an introduction with Zeb and see how things go?[/quote]
Exactly what I was thinking! Don't just think of it as getting another dog, act as though your getting a new dog for the first time all over again. Everything, from his sex to his breed mix to his size to how much food he would eat to space and finally...money. Energy levels, time? You know the drill. :wink: Good luck and keep us updated!

Yeah I would definately say introduce them too. Have you met him and stuff? He looks really sweet but I wouldn't base getting another dog on looks. (Or breed, which I'm guilty of with Riley :oops:) See how much you like him and maybe take him out and see if he suits you as well as Zebra. :D Good luck! He sure is a cutie.

Oh Izzy that is just mean!!! :x

I have played with him, I saw him at the shelter when I was volunteering there on wensday. He is very sweet, he is active but no too much. But after some consideration i've decided to go and put an application for him on friday but ONLY if there isn't a waiting list for him. If there is one other person that wants him I'll still put in the app but anymore than that I'm not going to bother. So I'll let you all know what happens on friday.

Sorry Starfox, i know that was evil, but i thought if your parents said ok to keep him, your application was ready to be entered, you love that puppy and he looks a lot like Zebra, well, the only thing left was he ask you by himself to keep him :lol: sorry about the joke, i'll be looking for your decision.

Sad to say that I didn't get him. I went to the shelter and he had already been adopted. While i'm a bit sad that I didn't get him I'm glad that he got a good home. I don't think it was ment to be and that's ok. In the near future i'm going to be doing allot of work with school and volunteering so it's probably better that I don't have another dog. Plus I dunno if I could deal with another dog that had Zebras personality...Zeb is a handfull as it is. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

that's too bad but it sounds ilke it was meant to be.. when your ready for another dog you'll know it.. loluntil then you have Zebbie! :)

[quote name='mouseatthebusstop']you should not have hesatated (sp) :([/quote]

I know but the weird thing is for once I wasn't thinking about ME. I thought about the dog first and what the dog needed. I probabaly couldn't give him the attention he needed. I'm going to be so busy with school trying to get my certificate and i'm so career driven that I don't know how much time i'm going to have. Sometime being responsible sucks. :(