Dogomania

Good Day at the HS!

I've recently started volunteering as a Dog Adoption Aide at the HS (I've been volunteering there over a year doing various things)
Today was really a good day there........ a guy in his 40s came in and I saw him approach a kennel and scream "Charlie!" and immediatley start crying, the dog was obviously excited to see him ..... so neat to see happy reunions!! (there were two of those today)
Then this afternoon an older guy was wandering around for almost an hour and he finally asked me about a poodle who was there...... this poodle is 15 yrs old and looks as if hes never been groomed, hair covering his eyes, horrible matts everywhere....... I told him gently "he is very old and has a heart murmur and needs a dental...." and the guy put his arm on my shoulder and said "Im really old too" :( he is 74, but looks much older and is blind in one eye...... I went on that this little guy needs a home and people to love him for whatever time he has left, but he is going to require alot of money as well as time to care for him properly, and the old guy says " I adopted a 14 yr old boy (human teenager) 4 yrs ago :o I can handle anything :lol: I let him visit with the poodle for quite awhile and then he called his wife to come down and see him also..... they adopted him!! I was so happy I hugged both of them :D I like days like that and adoptions like that where I really feel good they are goign to a good home!!

Im glad you guys like them - I had to share....... we all know all too many sad stories in the shelters :( I was enjoying it so much I stayed over 5 hrs, when I signed up for 3 :wink:
DAL - the deaf aussie is still there - I think she has some hearing, but definetely not all. A couple with a young toddler (from ft lewis :wink: ) was interested in her yesterday, but Cecily is leary about placing her with a young child...... they went home to think about it anyway. atleast we know SP will take her if she isnt adopted :D