Dogomania

neighbor rant!

Ok I've complained about my neighbors here b4 but right now I need a rant period!

Why do we even bother helping our neighbor catch there dog? Seems as though everytime we catch him and return him to the neighbors house the next week he's out running again and coming into our yard and pestering my dogs when they're out? U'd not beleive how many times the poor thing has been almost by cars right his ignorant owners are outside! Last time they said he don't know the name they gave him(checkers) I thought that to be funny cuz when I yelled for him he came right away :roll: the last time he got out me and my friend just laughed from afar cuz they don't help catch our dogs when they get out and throwing snow didn't help either. We watched him from the park come into my yard and I was thinking to myself "Don't u dare do ur bussiness in my yard!" If it weren't for the little ones in the household over there my parents would have just put him the car and took him to the HS whenever he ran out. So they could put up with knocking some sence into those people!

Why do people get dogs when they can't care for them? This family was a c@t family and should go back to cats and give the dog to a person that knows alot about his breed mix.

If peoples dogs are escaping from their property then the owners have not made proper provision for the dogs.

These escaping dogs are in danger of being hit by a car. Both the escaping dogs owned by the neighbours and your own dogs that you admit escape as well.

Perhaps someone will take these escaping dogs, both yours and your neighbours to HS. Hope there is a hefty fine.

So you stood there and laughed while the poor dog almost got hit by a car?! :o I don't see a difference between your dogs getting out or your neighbours dog getting out except that you seem to think just because they don't help you you don't have to help their dog. Whether the family has kids or not, why don't you take him to the humane society? Maybe they'll learn a lesson or perhaps they don't care and the dog will find a loving home. No, its not your responsibility to take him, but if it could save another innocent dog from death on the road I don't see why you wouldn't do it!

[quote name='anne3149']If peoples dogs are escaping from their property then the owners have not made proper provision for the dogs.

These escaping dogs are in danger of being hit by a car. Both the escaping dogs owned by the neighbours and your own dogs that you admit escape as well.

Perhaps someone will take these escaping dogs, both yours and your neighbours to HS. Hope there is a hefty fine.[/quote]

My dogs don't escape like Checkers does and I didn't laugh when he almost got ran over by a car (that wasn't even the time I was talking about!) When my dogs do escape we goto after them. Even if it takes hours. I guess u guys would have to live around here to understand what I'm talking about. Plus of the words in the original post. Sorry if thats what got u guys to lead to that. I'll re word some miss spelled words.

People were just bumping it to the top so you would definately see it.

[quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']
My dogs don't escape like Checkers does and I didn't laugh when he almost got ran over by a car (that wasn't even the time I was talking about!) When my dogs do escape we goto after them. Even if it takes hours. I guess u guys would have to live around here to understand what I'm talking about. Plus of the words in the original post. Sorry if thats what got u guys to lead to that. I'll re word some miss spelled words.[/quote]

No, but you laughed at a dog roaming around who could possibly get hit by a car. And dogs get out here too, both by irresponsible owners and just houdini dogs. My neighbours have a 6 foot privacy fence and a husky who constantly escapes. They're probably not trying hard enough to keep him in but everytime I see that dog out whether I like the owners or not, I'm sure as hell not going to stand there and laugh! You can't control other peoples dogs, but you can control your own. Why do you let him pester your dogs? I don't believe in leaving dogs unsupervised in yards, and unless you were how would you not notice him in the yard? Its not that hard to chase a dog out of your yard. Maybe DO something for teh dog? A short trip to the humane society and he'll probably live a lot longer.

ok 1st read this [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=18538[/url] it'll explain why I'm being so crabby if u think I am. Sorry if I am btw. My friend posted that cuz she forgot to log on to her name I did tell him to go but I also had Cinco out on his leash for his morning walk and idk about their dog but cinco don't like many male dogs. We also have a window in our kitchen when u look out u can see the side of our front porch and our drive which is where the dog normally goes when he comes over by our house(probably since thats they go in the afternoon and there scents probably strongest there?)

We've done stuff for the dog my dad caught him once or twice when the owners weren't home so either they were out looking for him or just weren't home (my dad went over there and knocked on both doors) this was b4 he said he was gonna take him to the HS i think. I'll try to find the post i made a few months back about this.