Dogomania

Its All My Fault

Nookie

I have to be the worst dog owner in the world.I don't even deserve Didi.When your dogs die,they probably die of old age or disease,my Lucky dies a brutal death.The only memory I have of him is him getting hit,twice by two big a$$ SUV wheels.My stupid self had to walk him off-leash.I could only remember him rolling his eyes,and blood comming out his nose.The damn SUV didn't even stop after hitting him :cry: .And it could of been Didi too,but Didi was just a little ahead of Lucky.I was suppose to get my restricts on the 15th,but now I can't even be in one of those killers.Its strange,Lucky died almost exactly like my friend Che'khan.Both him and Che'khan were one of the best friends I ever had.I only knew them both for a couple of months.They both were jaywalking,and both cars (SUVs),speeding hit them.Che'khan never got justice,because he was jaywalking.But atleast the driver has sympathy and stop.The driver who hit Lucky,just was probably thinking its just a dog,and kept going.It wasn't like he was going to get in trouble,because the dog was off-leash,but why didn't the driver stop?Why was he speeding at 8am in the morning.He could of hit the breaks,because it was close to a stop sign,and he should of been slowing down,and he seen Didi cross the street.But even with this it was all my fault,I should of never had them off-leash.He died such a horrible death,and that moment keeps racing my mind :cry: .This all could of been prevented,I rather died with him than have this guilt.I'm sorry you guys for even owning a dog,and for Lucky's death.He was a good dog,he didn't deserve this.(this is nae_nae_nookie)

When you get hit by a car,is it a quick death?I know it wasn't painless,becuase that yelp was one I'll never forget,but is it quick,because if he felt all the times he got ran over,plus the hit of the head on the street,I'm going to feel worst.

it wasn't ur fault Nook! The driver should have been watching the rode. Some people don't know how much a dog means to some people :roll: Just remember Lucky is in a better place now and happily running free and not worrying about SUVs.

Give Didi a hug and kiss for me! RIP Lucky! :lilangel:

PS:Max and Blacky will keep him safe.
:angel:

I know you feel horriable, but you know something this could've been prevented had both dogs been on a leash.. If your not more carefull, Didi will be gone also. How hard is it to snap a leash on a small dog & walk them?? How many dogs is this now? First you sent a dog to the shelter for teething, now this.. I'm sorry but your a pretty irrisponsible to let both of your dogs outside unsupervized & unleashed..

Yes it was your fault. Alot of people either can't see dogs on roads or just don't care and its your responsibility to make sure your dog is safe. But I'm sure you feel bad enough so I'm not going to try to make you feel worse. Just please be more responsible about where you walk your off-leash dogs next time or not do it at all unless in a fenced area.

i wouldn't have sent cookie to a shetler,maybe another family,but not a shetler,i'm just 15,if my mom says the shetler its the shetler.you make it seem like every dog i get,i'm sending it to its death.i loved lucky & cookie,is not like i wanted lucky to get hit by a car,or for cookie to get sent to the shetler,but thanks shari & cinco for your sympathy.i hope he is happily with blacky & max.but if i'm that much of an irresponsible owner than might as well take 5yrs. of loving & caring for didi away as well :cry: i'm sorry for owning dogs.

Sorry, but this keeps bugging me.

You are FIFTEEN years old. That is BEYOND old enough to know better than to let your dog run off lead, near a road.

It's teenagers like you that give us a bad stereotpye, and I'm sick of it. If you're too irresponsible to put a leash on your dog, then you shouldn't own one.

[quote name='abker17']Sorry, but this keeps bugging me.

You are FIFTEEN years old. That is BEYOND old enough to know better than to let your dog run off lead, near a road.

It's teenagers like you that give us a bad stereotpye, and I'm sick of it. If you're too irresponsible to put a leash on your dog, then you shouldn't own one.[/quote]

Thank you Abker. You have no idea how much I hate that "oh I'm only a kid I can't control what happens". I hate that so much, because it gives responsible teenagers like Abker and I a bad image.

I don't believe for a second your mom wouldn't let you find the dog a good home if she let you bring it home in the first place. You should NOT get another dog until you smarten up and take responsibility for the lives that are in your hands.

rember saying this about Cookie the dog you sent to the shelter:
[quote]i admitt i didn't ''love'' the dog,because i didn't really get to bond with the dog.when we played it would have to become a training lesson due to her biting.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but that pisses me off!! You didn't care for the dog you sent away, you went out & got a shitzu, and now it's gone as well. When I was your age I took full responsablity for my dogs!! I also read you had a lab & a rottie at one time as well, what happened to them?? You never said.

I am sorry Nookie, but this was nothing less than irresponsible. wherever did you get the idea you could walk dogs without leashes on a street where there is traffic? they dont come born with recall, and even good recall doesnt work on some dogs, the hunters and the hounds....
and perhaps "you're only 15", however at 15 I took full responsiblilty for my dog. washed, walked, fed, groomed. the whole nine yards.
now maybe you had no control over your parents sending a dog to a shelter, but you certainly had control over THIS. and I certainly hope you learned something from it, so Didi doesnt suffer the same fate. there is a maturity required to raise and keep a dog. I dont think you're quite there yet...

not trying to be mean, but this COULD have been avoided. I hope you learned something from it.

[quote name='pwrpufgirlz']Honestly? This is what, the umpteenth time you've posted in a similar way, for similar things, acting in the same demeaner. I truly believe you are only looking for attention. Everything in all your posts demonstrates that, the way you tend to take a "submissive" approach (IE " i'm sorry for owning dogs").?[/quote]

Hmmm here I was feeling just awful reading all this but I think Pwrpuf hit the nail right on the head. I'm not even sure that I believe anything from you nae nae. I'm sorry if your dog(s) really did die but I just sense that we have a pathological liar here.

I agree it does sound like your trying to get attention. You were so happy to get sympathy from previous posters which proves it's about you and not your poor dog. I'm sure you feel bad but making excuses doesn't help you learn. Fifteen is plenty old enough to know how to properly walk a dog. I have a 10 year old niece that is so responsible with the dogs I would trust her over a lot of adults I know. This child checks and rechecks harnesses and leashes even when I tell her it's secure. She would never dream of doing what you did. Please think about what you do before you do it. Yes teens make mistakes but they aren't supposed to make mistakes as a lot of teens like to say. Your supposed to do your best and really try not to make mistakes.

Uh, well.

Like pretty much everyone else has said, "i'm only 15" is NO excuse for letting your dog run offlead. I'm not even fifteen, and the second my Pomeranian's paws hit the driveway, his leash goes on.

By fifteen everyone should know how to walk a dog. Wining about how you don't deserve to own dogs is just stupid. If you think your so unworthy of owning dogs, why do you own them?

I find your "story" truly ridiculous, and I agree with abker, you definetly give teenagers a bad sereotype.

I agree with most posters here. You are not a little kid at 15 years of age. If you are incapable of learning by your mistakes then please don't get another dog. I hope the remaining dog gets to live out its natural life span.

This dog died because you were irresponsible....a dog shoud NEVER be off lead when outside your property. The dog has paid with it's life for your mistake.

I agree, Sorry if you were looking for a bunch of people to console you and tell you that it wasn't your fault, but it was.. I'm "just 15" and I've been caring properly for dogs since I was 7, You should have known better than to walk your dog off-lead where he'd be at risk of being run over, I realize this is probably hard for you, but truth be told you were extremely irresponsible, I'm just sorry your dog had to pay for it. And maybe you should consider giving away any of your other dogs for now, it doesn't seem like your ready for one.. after all you're "just 15"...

I read this yesterday and had to think it over before I posted. Seeing what everyone else has said, it sounds like a kid looking for attention. If you say I shouldn't own dogs and it's all my fault sounds like you knew it was wrong to begin with. I'm sorry, but you get no sympathy from me. What's that saying...Stupid is as Stupid does. Yep thats the one!!!! I feel badly for the dog, and for any dogs you have/will own. Just do us all a favor, get a fish. Actually maybe not, you may try to let it out of its bowl. Dogs need leashes, like fish need water!!!!

I'm not taking sides here since I feel bad for Nookie and her dogs but I also agree with other posters. I'm gonna try to put this as nice as possible but"I'm only 15" is no excuse cuz I'm 15 and never would even dream of walking my dogs espicaly Cinco off leash. Considering Cinco can jump a 4 ft fence then who knows what could happen if he's off a leash.

I'm going to leave this board,I can't take it no more.I just witness my dog get killed,and I'm not going to take this negativity.I already have enough on my hands with losing a family pet & I don't need this from no one.I didn't dilberately had him on off-leash near a road so he could get killed.Beinging 15 has nothing to do with responsibility,this could of happen to anyone.I was just saying I was 15,because it wasn't my choice to send Cookie to the shetler,I'm not the adult of the house to make a decision like that.Some things you guys say makes me feel like I neglect & abuse my dogs.You guys could keep saying I'm a horrible owner,and should never own a living thing.My dogs don't have all the kongs and 100 dollar beds like your dogs have,but they sure had enough nurture & love.I know plenty of you might not agree with this,because your telling me to give Didi away,tell that someone who lost his daugther/son to a car,because s/he wasn't leashed up to his/her parent to give away his/her other and only child s/he has left.So goodbye dogo.

Nookie, you brought it on yourself by allowing a dog off leash next to a busy road.. Wise up a little bit, and use a leash on Didi or the same fate will befall her.. Being 15 is no excuse for your behavior.. use your brains, and use a leash. And I don't have a ton of money, and I still can keep my dogs on leash & out of harms way.

And just one thing to say, if your leaving dogo, well don't let the door hit ya wear the sun don't shine on the way out..

You know what? Goodbye. I feel no sympathy for you, because it could NOT have happened to a responsible person. What did you expect? You don't post here in months and you come back with a story like this and want everyone to feel sorry for you? It dosn't work that way. I don't know why in hell you would post that anyway, if you have any smarts you would think twice about whether or not you can care for dogs. I'm completely disgusted by your utter lack of responsiblity if your even telling the truth. From one teenager to another, grow up.

Oh and P.S.... my dogs do not have $100 dog beds. They would probably chew them up. And if your dogs have so much nurture and love, why did you say you didn't love your previous dog before you threw her away like yesterdays trash?

Whether or not you leave this forum is entirely up to you but I can guarantee you one thing. Any responsible dog owner on any forum will tell you that you were negligent in allowing your dogs to run leash free where there is traffic.

Ask yourself what part you played in the death of this dog?

Would it have been killed if you had done the right thing and had it on lead? The answer is a resounding NO.

Now instead of throwing a tantrum because everyone recognised that you were indeed negligent with your care and responsibility with your dogs. Wise up. Be more responsible in the future and learn from your own mistakes.

A dog has died needlessly and in tragic circumstances. Ask yourself who is to blame.

[quote name='"Nae_Nae_Nookie"']I didn't dilberately had him on off-leash near a road so he could get killed.Beinging 15 has nothing to do with responsibility,this could of happen to anyone.quote] :o

It could happen to anyone you say? The fact that you said that proves to show how irrisponsible and ignorant you REALLY are.

I'm more than happy your deciding to leave dogomania. I don't need to hear stories about all of your new dogs dying... :roll: :x

Guest Mutts4Me

I haven't said anything, because I don't feel like lecturing someone who's just suffered a tragedy - and witnessed it no less.

I've never blamed Nookie for her parents' actions regarding her previous dog, because at 15, you are at the mercy of your parents. But I've never appreciated her attitude both towards her dogs and other posters.

What I'm confused about now is this declaration of leaving the board. Okay... but in all honesty, when was the last time you even posted? I'd thought you'd already left a long time ago, and suddenly one day you're here to announce your dog has been killed. And you felt terrible, and I felt bad for you. But you had to know that re-appearing on a board and calling yourself the worst dog owner ever who didn't even deserve to own dogs was going to be jumped on. All these people were doing were agreeing with you *shrugs*

I am really very sorry for your loss and what you have witnessed. I do hope that you have learned from this experience and will have Didi on a leash before taking her outdoors now.