Dogomania

Worms?

Crystal

When I brought the new pup home I told my husband, I said look he's not all fat and round in the belly he must not have worms. WRONG...I had not seen any in his poop, but I just went over to the crate and there they were in the corner, no poop, just round worms and wettness. Maybe he vomitted them up. I heard his tummy rumbling earlier. I guess I will go out and get some wormer when hubby gets home. I can't take him to the vet yet because big snow storm and most things are closed. Will over the counter wormer help much? All I can buy is what they have at Walmart...we have no pet stores. I feel for him he seems to not feel to hot today.

Ok the more I think about this the more grossed out I get. My last dog never had worms and I have never had to deal with this. I don't know a lot about this either. I am scared to death to let the dog near my kids. Can the worms cause any problems with humans? I don't want to let him out of the crate because I am afraid he will drop some without my knowing and I will step in it......ewwwww gross. Now he has diarehea(sp?) not in the crate.....ok got him to his potty spot and there they are worms...I wonder if maybe the lady I got him from has given him wormer? I was told they wont pass worms without medicine..Is that true? I'm lost, don't know anything here HELP ME!

I know I keep replying to my own topic, but I can't help it...I called the vet and they did get to open up today. He can't get his shot yet, but she said I could top by and they would give him some wormer. she said 50 cents and my problem would be solved.

Worming is a priority and something bought in a supermarket is a waste of money. If the puppy has worms with diarrhoea you need a veterinary wormer and you need to keep an eye on the pup and make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. He sounds like a sickly little pup from what you say so please don't hesitate to have a vet check him out. Puppies can go downhill very quickly when they have worms.

He slept most of the day yesterday, and he got a little dehydrated. Went by the vets yesterday evening. They gave him some wormer...I really didn't want to have to get the over the counter kind I had heard it wasn't worth it. So anyway for 50 cents they wormed him and said he should be ok now. My goodness, I have seen puppies pass worms before, but never like this. He had em bad. I guess the people we got him from knew nothing about pups. I would have to say if other people who got one don't worm them before long it would probably kill them. Anyways, the people we got him from only had like 5 big dogs and the 6 pups, 2 cats...and who knows what else. Well he feels much better today. I think I know why he had seemed so freaked out the past couple of days. He was in pain...now he is jumping around bitting slippers and barking. He was nothing like that before, he didn't even wanna leave his crate. He even slept better last night, I wasn't up nearly as much. I did not know a lot about worms, but I did know it was important to worm the pups as they can get them from mom. I figured everyone knew that!!! Oh well...anyways he is better now. In 2 weeks he gets his first shots, so they will re-worm him then. Taken care of it!!!!

there's a very simple, inexpensive, natural remedy you can use. food grade diatomaceous earth.

you can simply mix it into the food and use it for 30-day timeframes on and off, or even feed it all the time if you suspect frequent reinfestation. the nice thing is that it even works in the stool and drastically cuts down on fly larvae and other undesirables in the back yard. :)