Dogomania

Encounters with Deer

Rosebud

:D

Ever so often me and the kids will drive around at night trying to spot deer. Sometimes we see some other times we don't, anyways Sally and Rocket think it is the best thing in the world to do. They just wag their tails and whine at the deer till they disappear. I think we have seen the same group of deer on many occasions because they just stand and look at us now, then they will literally toss their head in the air, flip their tail at us and bounce out of sight as if saying Na, nanny, boo, boo to the pups.

Well last night when I got home, their was a herd of 12 deer laying down at the top of the hill across the street. I let the pups out to play and potty and the deer just layed their watching us.

I guess I can officially say that me and the pups are now being stalked by deer.

:angel:

theres a lot of deer around here. unfortunately, the only time i usually see them is when they have, or are about to, impact with a car. there are so many of them that its not safe to drive near wooded areas during spring and fall...they cross the road right in front of you, and these are not side streets. some have speed limits of 55mph....

turkeys are mean!!! I went to a farm once and one attacked me and drove me off.

[quote name='behle'][quote name='Rosebud']:D

I guess I can officially say that me and the pups are now being stalked by deer.

:angel:[/quote]

Great story! Turn about is fair play, right? :wink:

They've got your number now![/quote]

:o :o

The DEER were there again last night, just laying down in the grass watching us.

maybe they think you good looking...We see deer all the time. They get hit by cars a lot here. One time we stopped because of one and it almost ran into the car...I wonder what the insurance company would have said...(no we did not hit the deer, the deer hit us) Once a baby deer was in my yard, which is weird because there are not really any woods close by. I think it's mom must have gotten hit and it got confused. It just ran around all the neighbors yards. It was kinda sad :(

Oh dear, I get sad thinking about deer. One time in Maryland, Kira was outside unsupervised and she actually chased down a young deer and killed it. Christine's parents have a huge backyard that leads to a state park. The deer was probably 150 lbs or so. It was quite a hectic scene, as Christine's dad was mowing the lawn and Kira walks up to Christine to come inside, shes covered in blood. Christine almost had a heart attack cause she thought there was a lawn mower accident. Christine was traumatized after seeing the young deer, meanwhile Kira was waltzing around proud of her accomplishment.

:Dog_run:

We put feed out for the deer. The turkey will come back in the spring sometime.

At first Re-Run didn't like the deer and would chase them but once the rut (mating season) started last fall a huge buck wasn't scared by a 14 lb dog and actually charged Re-Run. Needless to say Re-Run really isn't interested in deer anymore.

I do think it's pretty neat that the deer actually watch you.

Paula & Re-Run

:-?

Last night the deer were up on the hill, just a little ways down eating, but they were all heading towards the spot across the street from where I live. There were 14 of them this time.

The hill they are at the top of makes them look like litte brown dots, so they are far away from us, but I think it's strange that the place they have chosen to lay down at is directly across the street from the same dogs that whine at them late at night when they are crossing the road.