Dogomania

my hound eats cans...

courtnek

OK I have always heard that hounds "live to eat"...Laurel is a foxhound. she @s fed twice a day, just like my lab x, slightly more food since she has a higher metabolism and doesnt gain weight like the lab does. the vet said to keep her on the thin side to keep her healthy...so what does she do? I go food shopping. I put everything away but the canned c@t food.
I go the the bathroom. I come out, she has snarfed up a can, and is merrily CHEWING THROUGH IT as we speak.....actually got thru the top of the can!!! sheeshhh.....

now I have to make sure she hasnt cut herself, her tongue or gums...

:-?

Don't feel so bad. I once came home from playing cards with some friends of mine and found six narled and three punctured beer cans in my garage along with 2 drunk 6 month old Ridgebacks. By the sixth beer they figured out all they had to do was bite a hole in the can. Needless to say I have never left a 12 pack accessibly to them again.

:angel:

most dogs like the taste of beer, not sure why. I dont drink beer, so rarely ever have it here, but it wouldnt surprise me if Laurel helped herself to that too.

she gets fed!! she just wants MORE...

silly dog...

she also countersurfs, and I have to feed Pushy in the bathroom because the rest of them gang up on him and steal his food. he's too old to fight back anymore. there was a time....Free remembers it, she leaves him alone. he cant teach the new whippersnappers anymore tho...