Dogomania

Sharpei Question?

Crystal

My aunt has Sharpeis and I have never met a bunch of meaner dogs in my life. The male she has attacked my parents min pin (also male) on numerous occasions, sending him to the vet with bad bite wounds every time. One time he attacked duece(min pin) so bad that duece went and hid for several days before they could find him. My parents have moved now and no more problems, but I was just wondering has my aunt gotten a hold of some messed up dogs. Has anyone else heard anything bad about them. I always heard how sweet they were and what a good dog people thought they were. I even wanted one, until my aunt got hers. What could have went wrong with hers, when all I've heard is how great they are?

I hope no one gets angry about this, I'm not saying anything bad about Sharpeis, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any bad encounters, or if you could tell me not all of them are mean like my aunts.

I breed Peis, and rarely have problems with mine.

Peis were used for fighting, but they were bred for other purposes. Namely, hunting and guarding, but they were also used for herding in some areas.

my advice with Peis is socialization and training. your aunt just has undersocialized dogs that needed to be trained better as younger dogs. that is, assuming there is nothing mentally wrong with the dogs, which i highly doubt.

well the truth is my aunt is not the smartest apple in the orchard. I don't think she ever should have had the dog. I honestly wondered if something was wrong with the first female they got though. My cousin wanted one so bad...he looked and looked but couldn't get one, I think they were to exspensive. Then one day he shows up with a puppy and said a breeder gave it to him because they knew how bad he wanted one...To me it makes no sense. All the pups have came from that female. Now they breed them whenever and it seems every dumb memeber of the family has one of them. I will not let my kids near them. Her dogs are very unreliable. She didn't know what she was doing we she took on training them either. So maybe they are just undertrained, any dog not trained properly can be a pain...but I wonder if something wasn't wrong with the first one?