Dogomania

the Fila

delh1

They are not allowed to Iceland :( (im just glad for the breed, there is alot of people here that dont have anything to do with that kind af dogs)

But they are very pretty, and if I may say a "cool" dog.

But like you say they are not for everybody.

[quote name='Mei-Mei']The Fila was bred to attack people it feels are a threat to its owners. So if someone climbed a fence into its territory, it would bite. They were bred to catch runaway slaves in Brazil. They are actually one of my favorite breeds, because they are EXTREMELY loyal, but I would not recommend them to most owners. They are too much dog for most people.[/quote]

And I bet they are wonderful dogs.....but ONLY in the right hands and the right home. With someone who has such an advanced knowledge of dogs and dog behavior.

• 9 months later...

there are two types of fila's ,,,,,,,,,,one is not really a fila..
The breeders started with the breed and created a kind of show dog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,adding old english mastiffs to the breed.

The other one is the original Fila,,,,,,,,,agile and full of OJERIZA.
These types of dogs are CAFIB tested on temperament.

Due to these breeders the pedigrees are in their hands and so the original type of fila is allmost forgotten by everyday people.

Here in Holland are somewhere around 200 to 300 fila's with only 12 of them with pedigree's

greetings