Dogomania

What kind of waggers are your dogs?

JackieMaya

Kavik does side to side and helicopter (helicopter is usually when he is happy/excited but confused.) Zaphod is side to side or side to side with a built in object homing device - one day he knocked the same cup off the table 4 times in 45 seconds, he also likes the vertical blinds.

Carsons little stub (3 in but ok not a stub really but...) just goes side to side, but his whole back end gets shakin too... its the cutest little thing! I dont know how those muscles back there keep goin :lol:

Do any of your dogs chase their tails? Carson is the first dog we've had that'll do it.. And he can barely see his!

Travis and Sam are fairly typical side to side waggers.

Zeke's tail curls up and the tip nearly touches his back. He does a tight little wag, with the tip staying about his back.

Riley we've nicknamed "Whack-Whack" because of the intensity and frequency of his wagging. We'll be lying in bed and he'll be facing me and all I have to do is open my eyes to set him off.

Riley does a full body wag; the head, shoulders, and his bum all get going which seems to put alot more force into his wag. Its basically a puppy wag that he never outgrew, and it freakin' hurts!

Goo is an all around wagger, her tail goes every which way, though more often she does side to side. Annie is a side to side wagger. Joey is a circle wagger. Casey's a wiggle butt, just a stub. Haley's got a tail, but is still a wiggle butt, and generally wags both tail and rear end side to side, though sometimes they seems to get stuck to one side for a few seconds :lol:

Jackie, besides being able to wag her tail in every direction, is also a wiggle butt. I don't know how she can even walk when she gets her wiggle butt going!

Maya isn't a wiggle butt, but she holds her tail up over her back too (must be the Husky in her) and it goes from side to side there.

I call Jackie "wigglebutt" and I call Maya "fluffybutt".

Guest Mutts4Me

Oh, oh!!!!

Perfect question, because I love my dog's tail.

You can see her "wag" her tail in my avatar :)

We don't call it "wagging," though, we call it "fluffing" because her tail's a big, fluffy pom pon. I think of her as a cheerleader, fluffing her pompon and yelling. In my av, I was holding a treat over my camera to get her to fluff, and she was going wooo-woooo (aka give me gimme) :D :lol:

After reading some of these posts, I guess another good thing about her tail being on her back (besides the fact that I love the way it looks) is that she doesn't hit anything when she's fluffing!!!

oh... when she's nervous, sometimes her tail hangs like a collie, with the bottom curled out a bit, and then she does small, low side to side "wags."

crap...its been chaotic here for the past few weeks...we have friends of ours and their kids staying with us for awhile....work has been hellish ...its just been crazy :o . I've dropped in to read threads but I haven't had a spare minute to post! :oops:

Nice to be missed though :wink:

[quote name='Mutts4Me']We don't call it "wagging," though, we call it "fluffing" because her tail's a big, fluffy pom pon. I think of her as a cheerleader, fluffing her pompon and yelling. In my av, I was holding a treat over my camera to get her to fluff, and she was going wooo-woooo (aka give me gimme) :D :lol:

After reading some of these posts, I guess another good thing about her tail being on her back (besides the fact that I love the way it looks) is that she doesn't hit anything when she's fluffing!!![/quote]

:lol: Mutts I love your dogs tail because Zebs is exactly like it. Although Zeb does manage to knock things over with his tail. :D