Dogomania

Unexpected Visitor

behle

Right now we have a rottie guest in the house. Our neighbor down the road found a rottie on their porch visiting with their husky and thought he might be ours...

So while we were out eating, they dropped a note off. Hubbie went down to their place to assure them that our rottie was still safely in our house. They were going to keep the dog overnight before calling animal control for our county. Well, he came home and not even ten minutes later the neighbor lady pulled in our drive saying there was a problem her ex-husband. He didn't want the dog staying in "his" house. So, after a couple phone calls back and forth, here he is...in our house. :roll:

So much for a peaceful evening.

....and someone is missing a perfectly wonderful dog. They must be worried sick. I hope it all gets sorted tomorrow since it's too late to find out anything tonight.

The boys' noses are slightly out of joint, but so far there's been no aggression...just a lot of sniffing and milling about.

He is awfully cute.... 8)

He's got a little white paint on the tips of his whiskers, on his throat, and the edge of one ear....hmmm. I'd like to know the story with this.

Yes, he has a current rabies tag. By the time he came here, everything was closed. But my hubbie will stay home from work tomorrow and work on getting him back home.

He may be chipped as well. He's neutered and well-fed. Has to belong to a good home.

He is cute, isn't he?

Guest Anonymous

The animal shelter may also be able to find the owners by his rabies tag #. They can also tell you if he has a chip and track the owners for you. Most shelters have their own registration for microchips which is often more accurate and updated then homeagain or avid.

Make sure you post his pic at your local animal shelter. This is the first place people go to look for their dogs.

He's wonderful!

Let us know what happens when you call the number tomorrow! That's how I found a missing Lab's home! I was walking into work one morning and this chocolate lab ran up to me. Since I work right by a free way and a major intersection, I grabbed her up and called the number on the Rabies tag and got the owner's number.

All was well, then!

Hehehe, Marion! You too? :lol: :lol:

Our little stray found his way home around 8:30 this morning. Turns out he belongs to a family about half a mile south on our road. The woman who turned him over to us last night called the county first thing this morning, and the county looked up their rabies records and found his owner! The owner then called my husband and described his pupper to a T....and he was down in a flash to collect him.

Our guest's name was Max. That's a coincidence; makes me remember my dear departed rottie, Max. :cry:

Evidently each day a neighbor goes to the man's house to feed Max at noon and let him have a little run outside. When the neighbor let him out...off he ran. The owner was frantic with worry and vastly relieved when he found his beloved dog safe and sound with us.

If he had a phone number on his collar, Max could have been home that same night! My husband told him so...nicely. "Yeah, I've got to do that" was his response.

A happy ending! :D

Same with yours, Marion?

[quote name='behle']But my hubbie will stay home from work tomorrow and work on getting him back home.[/quote]

Wow, great hubbie. I wish mine had a fraction of that attitude instead of rolling his eyes every time I try to help a stray (though I know it makes him uncomfortable because my feelings get hurt sometimes ... but still ...)

desertlady - My husband is a great dog fanatic. He missed about 3 hours of work over this and considered it well worth it. He was happy it worked out well.

Of course....there are drawbacks being married to a guy who is nuts about dogs. Hehehe...this is a guy who keeps an old hatchback honda around our place for the sole purpose of giving the dogs rides in our big yard. It's a terrible eyesore, but I have a feeling it's not going anywhere anytime soon. :roll: Except around in great loops, horn honking, dog heads hanging out the rear windows in our yard.... Yep, he's a keeper all right!

Maybe your hubbie just hates to see you get disappointed?

[quote name='behle']desertlady - My husband is a great dog fanatic. He missed about 3 hours of work over this and considered it well worth it. He was happy it worked out well.

Of course....there are drawbacks being married to a guy who is nuts about dogs. Hehehe...this is a guy who keeps an old hatchback honda around our place for the sole purpose of giving the dogs rides in our big yard. It's a terrible eyesore, but I have a feeling it's not going anywhere anytime soon. :roll: Except around in great loops, horn honking, dog heads hanging out the rear windows in our yard.... Yep, he's a keeper all right!

Maybe your hubbie just hates to see you get disappointed?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: And to your last comment, yes that's exactly it. That was part of the the whole Mars/Venus thing ... men often tend to protect when what we really need is for them to step back and just support.

[quote name='behle']desertlady - My husband is a great dog fanatic. He missed about 3 hours of work over this and considered it well worth it. He was happy it worked out well.

Maybe your hubbie just hates to see you get disappointed?[/quote]
So is my dad cuz 2 times he caught our neighbors dog when he was out running the neighborhood....when they weren't home :roll: and devoted 2 hours atleast to him making sure he was fed,watered and making sure he had no visible injuries.