Dogomania

Scabies transmission?

gooeydog

I know humans can exhibit symptoms when they get the mite from dogs with sarcoptic mange, but can dogs get it from humans? I looked all over online, and it all says that the dog mange mites do not reproduce well on humans, so they die out after a few weeks without treatment, but is it the same for human mite/dog transmissions? My nephews have scabies, and since they're here on weekdays, I know the dogs have been in contact. We're going to be keeping an eye out for symptoms, but it'd be nice to know whether to expect anything.

DO, I always thought that mange, scabies was self limiting on the wrong species. Like if I got scarcoptic mange from my dog it would be itchy but it would die off on its own. I wouldn't have to go through treatments like a dog has too? am I wrong?
I know of a few dog groomers that got mange from a dog they just took in for grooming and they just got itchy red hands but it didnt go any further than that. Thats what I would think of human mange on a dog, where its not the perfered host it would die off on its own. :crazyeyes: