Dogomania

Another guessing game...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I don't have any pictures up at the moment, they're still waiting to be loaded from my camera.
Her main breed is Samoyed. When we adopted her, they said she was american eskimo, I guess from the white coat and curly fluffi tail. But as I look into the samoyed breed, she looks almost exactly like it. They only thing is, she's got a black spotted tongue.
She's definatly has a temperment of a samoyed... not a very good watch dog, not a very good guard dog. I ended up getting into a fist fight with some one, and she just stood there, tail between her legs, then found a nice little spot to take a poo. She only barks when some one comes up to our apartment, or see's another dog. She's a great scooter pulling dog. Since I live in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, we definatly don't get any cold down here. (We keep the AC set to 66, so the apartment is plenty cold during the day time). Since she always has a ton of energy, I let her pull me on my scooter, and she's FAST.... The biggest excersize she gets when she goes to the dog park, is the run there, and the run back home (about 6 or 7 blocks).

My biggest thing, is the spotted tounge... is the Chow the only breed that has that trait??
Me and my room-mate are planning on moving, and a lot of apartment complexes have breed resrictions, which most include chows. It's hard enough finding a place that will take a 45-50 lb dog. A couple places I've talked to, I told them a samoyed looks like a mix between an american eskimo/husky. And they don't accept huskies and that I have to have a vets note saying what her dominant breeds are. It's very annoying to say the least. I plan on taking her with us when we go to look at these places (we're moving 4 hours away), but the tounge just catches every one's eyes, and they're like, ohh she's part chow isn't she??
I don't want to get turned away from a decent place that we can afford because of an assumption she's part chow. She doesn't have a mean bone or tooth in her body. She generally hides behind me, tail between the legs when guys come up to her (especially ones with facial hair, we suspect she was an abused dog or something), but never a growl or a yip from her.

Guest Anonymous

Well the thing of it is, it's not just one particular spot, like a freckle, it's all over, pink and black like splotches. I'll try to get a picture up of her tounge as soon as possible. I wonder if the library computers have USB ports... If I had internet at home, I'd have a thousand pictures up of her by now.