Dogomania

Down!

boosiebutt

I am working on sit/stay and down/stay with the puppers. Pixie thinks she is too smart for me though. With sit stay I kind of wave a treat around in front of them to see if they'll stay even if I'm "baiting" them. For down though, since I just started that, I'm giving them treats every couple of seconds, with the plan being to lengthen time and distance etc after they get it down.

Now Pixie's figured this all out, and when I have her do sit/stay, if I don't give her treats fast enough, she'll do down, 'cause she thinks I'll start giving her all sorts of treats... :roll:

Kavik and Zaphod do this too - they will just start cycling through their repatoir to see if they can get treats. Try changing the order in which you general give commands and don't treat unless they perform the requested command. It is sorta funny. :lol: Kavik is still prone to do this even when there are no treats to be had - I like to think of it as enthusiasm.

Or work with puppy push ups.

Different combos like DP said.....but work on speed after a while.

Stuff like:

Sit. Down. Stand

Down. Stand. Sit.

Sit. Stand. Down.

And so on......always mixed up!

DP....I think it's hysterical when Hunter just starts offering me stuff out of the blue. I don't even have to be looking at him and he'll just walk up and do a front......then fall back into heel.....he's just so funny now that I've been working with him more!

It is great to see them so eager to please. I actually feel guilty, I think I'm wasting Kavik's potential - if I put the effort into it I'm sure he'd do well with competative obedience, unfortunately, while I enjoy obed. class, I don't really have an interest in compatative obed.