Dogomania

Paper Shredder warning

odnarb

On another board, there have been warning of dogs attempting to lick paper shredders and having their tongues caught in the shredding blades. One dog didn't have sufficient muscle left to swallow afterwards, and didn't make it.

Please unplug your paper shredders when not in use.

I pulled my husband out of his chair from eating dinner to show him this :o . I always, always, always unplug the shredder when not in use and he usually does, but he thinks I'm a crackpot for worrying about it. I never thought about a dog trying to lick it as much as I worry about a c@t tail or long fluffy ear getting caught in it. My c@ts like to sit on it. :-?

Thank you for posting this!

very good advice. We cant determine what pets think about these things, better to keep them unplugged when not in use...

now for a funny story. I work for a computer company. We had a guy call us on his cell phone screaming because his tie was caught in the dot-matrix printer., he leaned over too far apparently. There were all kinds of people there, talking in the background, and NO ONE thought to TURN IT OFF until we told them too?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

after being turned off, he griped about ruining an expensive tie...

• 3 years later...

[quote name='odnarb']On another board, there have been warning of dogs attempting to lick paper shredders and having their tongues caught in the shredding blades. One dog didn't have sufficient muscle left to swallow afterwards, and didn't make it.

Please unplug your paper shredders when not in use.[/quote]

Oh my gosh, I never thought of that. How horrible. Thank you for the heads up!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...