how long did your puppy stay in "The Humping Zone"  

1. 1. how long did your puppy stay in "The Humping Zone"

• never went there
    • 1-2 months
    • 3-4 months
    • 5-6 months
    • over 6 months
    • Perpetually there

Ah yes...Soldier and I :Help_2: have entered "The Humping Zone". One day he's my little puppy, the next he's grabbing my leg in the kitchen, or tackling me if I'm on the floor. That weird, persistent, glazed look in his eyes which convey to me "I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know why I'm doing this, but I MUST I MUST!!!" He's so polite when he jumps up, trying not to push me over or scratch me...but at the same time it's just RUDE! *Laugh* It's been SOOOO long since I have had a boy puppy, I actually forgot about "The Humping Zone" :shake:

Dee dee Dee Doo Dee Dee Dee Doo Dee Dee Dee Doo

Yup, he's neutered. lol. He was neutered a week before xmas. He's not exactly a spastic dog. He's not over the top with anything...good or bad. It's just funny. And trying not to laugh when I'm correcting him, is really hard. I'm sure you know what I mean. Trying to make your voice deeper and strong when you want to laugh. If I have a puney voice and I'm laughing, he pays me no attention. lol

Maybe Soldier is in the minority here. I always thought that this is a normal stage the boy dogs (and some girl dogs) go through. I know it is bad mannors (of course!). Aside from my very first dog when I was wee little, every dog I had that was male went through this! LMAO! Maybe it's just where we live...it's in the water!

My ex- in laws had a Black lab, that I think had a problem with it till he died. He woudl try to mount people, he mounted his doggy pillow (which was very disturbing to me) and was a general terror. I've been taking the water bottle to Soldier when he is bad or barking. It seems to be doing the trick. But for the male dog owners who's male puppies never went there...that's amazing to me. I've never had a male puppy who didn't go thru that phaze and have to be trained that it was rude. WOW :o I thought it was basic male puppy behaviour just like chewing and potty training! Who Knew!

Zebra is a little over 2 years now but he still humps occasionaly. But he only humps his pillow/bed. He has never attempted to hump a human or a dog, just his pillow. :lol: I try to get him to stop when he does or i'll get his attention with food but generally I don't care.