Dogomania

Dog saves boy from tsunami

gooeydog

I just want to add this. I dont know HOW they know, but my foxhound with her super sensitive nose may have saved my life. I went to bed, and normally she jumps up and almost pushes me off the bed (bed hog!) but one night she would not jump up. she whined, whimpered and then started baying (VERY annoying) no amount of telling her to shut up would work. I finally got up, to find the kitchen garbage SMOKING.. not yet a fire, bit soon to become one. I poured water in it and put the bag out in the snow. How did she know? how did she differentiate this fire from any other? I cook in the kitchen all the time..

What a wonderful story. What a horror to read the horrible ordeal these people went through. One Newfie managed to stay alive by holding onto a dead body with a life jacket on. A baby was found alive floating on a mattress...another women holding onto a pole had to make a choice of which of her children to let go of because she could no longer hold onto both. How horribe for these poor people :( the child survived having been grabbed by another person.

As Courtnek mentioned animals have a sixth sense, superior nose and ears. There were reports that animals fled before this tidal wave crashed. They did not find many animals dead amoung the people. I have heard people say that their dogs or cats will get very restless and pace before an earthquake and other major storms. Wild animals will flea before a major storm. I often notice before a big snow storm the birds will gorge at my feeder eating like they will never eat again...they were given a wonderful sixth sense to help them survive.