Dogomania

Bad News for Boonie

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i said that i would go through with it and then the vet called......
i missed his calls o he left a voice mail telling me the treatment and everything would run me about $500.00 which i can't afford right now. I called him back but he's busy with an emergancyi want to talk to him and get the ratio at what boonie would survive and some other questions etc.. if my mom's freind can get me a deal on the vet care and still get 50%of at her vet depending on how much they charge,.....
there is just no way that i can afford 500.00 right now after already paying almost 700.00 so far.. it was fine while iw as down here, but now i have to get back home, i have bills to pay, food to buy 2 other dogs to get tested for HW... i h ave no idea what todo..
i'm going to wait for my mom's freind to call me tomorrow and see what her vet says about the price, and then i'll call up to the base at home and see how much their vet. care would charge since we pay for things at their costs.....
i have no clue what to do... :drinking:

Guest Anonymous

HUGS DAL. All you can do is wait and see at this point.

I can't give any advice. It's horrible when unexpected expensive things happen.

Why are you going to have your other two checked for heartworms? Have they been on prevention? Or is it just that time of year for them?

Guest Anonymous

wow i wanna live by you! 100 is a lot better then 500!!!!!
but if he needs it.. and i talked tot he dr today and he said he's 90% sure that as long as i keep boonie quite ( he'll give me some sedatives to have incase he g ets anxious ) that he'll pull through it..so now it' sjust seeing if i can sweet talk them in to a payment plan.... otherwise i'm outta ideas!

Guest Anonymous

yes please!! i'm also going to call the vet on base and see what they would charge. etc.. they said i can wait up tot 2 weeks to start treatment so that way i can get him home and they'd give me something to knock him out while we flew so his heart rate wouldn't go all over the place

K -Ill call them tomorrow........ with the base vet, wont you have the issue with 3 dogs on record? (its almost sure to be cheaper though!)
what do I need to ask - Just how much heartworm treatment is for him? is there anything specific? (sorry, I dont know really anythign about it :oops: ) if you can get him home, then I will go ahead and call around other places too if you want.......

Guest Anonymous

ya but alena and i have it worked out as to saying its her dog so that way they dont catch on..
just ask them how much they charge for athe heart worm treatments. that he was tested possitive with an inhouse test and they cound the worms on the blood slides....

Ok - I will txt you also, but thought I might as well post this here too...... Columbia vet says it is impossible to say how much it will be for sure, but she said given steroids he will prob have to take, and the shots, you are looking at somewhere prob over $100, but not more than $500..... hopefully that helps somewhat :roll:
your idea with the base vet might be the best bet if they can give you a good price and you trust them :)