Dogomania

Hi everyone!

Angelboddy

Guest Anonymous

What planet? Well I know under my name it states I am in the NEW ORLEANS METRO AREA...That would be the "planet" of Louisiana.

I know that Louisiana is backwards in MANY MANY MANY WAYS but DANG even here animals are fixed at 2months and 2 pounds!!!!! The shelters are RESPONSIBLE enough not to allow an animal to leave intact! My god what PLANET ARE YOU FROM?

You want to start insulting ME---I INVITE YOU TO TRY! Please do! Please TRY to find something to insult me about.

Good luck.

Hey PaulaB and Mei---You hear this...Louisiana is actually AHEAD of another state in something animal related.

Nobody is assulting anybody. :lol:
You've got some serious issues and I am not going to argue with you any more! :evil: :drinking: :o
You've stated your point and i've stated mine. :agrue:
enough is enough.
So why you got to keep on pooking your nose in on someone elses statement..............even better yet! [b][u]MINE[/u][/b] :x

Better yet...............Just don't even answer that question.
I think I can figure that out myself.
Good bye Tammy! :hand:

Oh I just can't resist opening my big virtual mouth now.

I don't know you either, (the one with the pups) but I think a little more info in your original post (i.e. the spay/neuter follow up), and at least a SHRED of remorse about not having your bitch spayed to begin with, would have spared you some of the wrath that came down.

Also I second the applause that your dog is now spayed. If you would have bred her to the other lab it would have been BYB. As such a longtime Dogo member it astonishes me that you don't see this. One of the first things I read here is "What makes a responsible breeder?" and I learned a ton. (maybe you could check it out too? A sticky in "Breeding" I think.)

Now you have a beutiful dog and a beutiful puppy, both spayed .... what's done is done so I for one join in saying "welcome back", it's nice to meet you and I hope you stay around.

i have a very hard time believing that doggy abortion is banned anywhere.
human abortion isn't even banned!

when sheeba got tied with that dog, i called the vet and asked about the pill/shot but it had to be given within 72 hours of getting tied.
so we just went with spay.

the pound here does not spay/neuter their dogs either, but that doesn't make it OK for others to not do it either.

the pound here SUCKS. they ARE PART of the problem. wich is really sad.
they adopt out ALL dogs and cats, wether they are fixed or not, to the first person who comes in with the adoption fee :(

the person i got eli from, got a dog from the pound, she was a pit mix, and he never had her spayed, and she had about 3 litters of puppies by the time she was 2, and then she got hit by a car :cry:

Ah Scotty, I new I could trust you to come on and make us all look bad by being all civil and freindly. :D
I think it would probably be good if tried the civil approach but I have such a hard time taking poop even if it is gift wrapped. It would have been so much easier to take had Angel come back and said something like "Man, I screwed up Big time. I've done my best to fix it - as much as possible." But to come on and (originally) make like it was no big thing and to get angry when people weren't happy about it and to claim that spaying pregnant dogs is banned in Missouri . . . well my snappier side just couldn't resist.

Angelboddy, for one thing I never said YOU were irresponsible... I said what happened was an irresponsible thing.

Oh and Im so glad to know that the old-time dogo-ers are talking behind our backs and saying how rude WE are being! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Im sorry, but Angelboddy I tried to stay calm through this whole thing... you, however, lashed out at everyone saying that you were wrong. Yes, I will admit you did somewhat correct the situation, but Im still worried that these dogs dont have good homes... :cry: You never really said if you were going to check back up on them or not, but I really hope you will.

I honestly dont think your dog shouldve been bred even if this situation hadnt happened... you said yourself she was bred for hunting purposes only so Im sure look-wise she isnt up to breeding standards (in fact I saw her pic and she looks like a mix to me). Although looks arent as important as performance... they should be considered.

Urgh, this is horrible. :cry: I'm glad the pups went to good homes...I just hope that the new owners knew the sire was a Pit, and had any experience with a Pit or Pit mix? Not bashing the breed, but there are laws about any "pit like" dogs (they look "Pitty" to me), Pits can be dog aggressive and some pounds won't adopt out any Pits (so if they did end up the in the shelter, the pups might not get adopted out...you know what I mean...). Also, I hope the new owners didn't think just because the Dam was a Lab that the pups would be Lablike? It can happen both ways. That's what is concerning me the most, right now.