Dogomania

Hi everyone!

Angelboddy

I just dropped by to say hi and give you an update on things.
Nostalgia had pups.
Was not meaning for that to happen, but while i was at work my sister let her out and the pit bull next door got ahold of her.
I tried every where for her to get an abortion pill, but they band it from here because of all the complications.
So she had 10 puppies July 29th. 8 females and 2 males.
They were all very healthly and she was a very good mamma dog.
Got all their shots and check-ups done. And sold each of them for 20 dollars.
But of course I keeped one. She has one blue eye and one brown, a white chest and four white paws. And she is all black.
She is so gorgous!
The vet said that she has a rare gene passed down to her from the pit's side.
So she is my unique "Pretty Pup."
Her name is Shanya. It means Marvelous.
Anyways, I will try and post some pictures of the pups and of shanya.
I'm sure you all want to see the cute rascles.

Here is one of Shanya, Hope it comes out. If these two come out alright then i will post a bunch more of all the pups.
Here is where the pictures are posted if you would like to see them:
[url]http://photobucket.com/albums/v217/angelboddy/[/url]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/angelboddy/PrettyPup.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/angelboddy/shanya.jpg[/img][/url]

Angel, I used to consider you a friend. But I want to know why Nostalgia wasn't spayed? Unless something's changed you don't show her so why was she intact? This shouldn't, wouldn't have happened if you had done the right thing. Did you sell the pups with spay neuter contracts at least? If you haven't GET HER SPAYED NOW. We don't need more unwanted puppies. And if the owners don't want their pups anymore did you offer to take them back? I'm sorry but you just took 10 homes away from other dogs who needed them. And if each of your puppies has just ONE litter of 10 puppies each, thats 100 more homeless dogs in this world. I have to say I;m disapointed, I thought you were a much better person then this. This truly makes me sad. :(

I also agree that this couldve been prevented... it makes me so sad that this happened. Like Steph said, those puppies took away possible homes for other dogs in need.

I wonder about what PUP said too... please at least say that youre friends with the people who took them or if not then you screened these people and their homes.
Will you go and check up on them in the future?
Were the pups altered BEFORE they left you?
Did you get contact information from all of these people so you can get updates on the pups?
Im so worried that these people will abandon these poor puppies in shelters b/c, lets face it, pit mixes are hard to handle and arent for everyone.

Why the heck wasn't she spayed from the get go? As far as an abortion pill not being available, you STILL could have had her spayed, even with pups. :evil:

Since you have been a longtime member here, you have no excuse, you KNOW BETTER. And you expect us to ohhhhh and awwww over a litter of pups that could have been VERY easily prevented? Not likely.

I really don't need your lectures and all!
I clearly came on here to let you all know how we are doing.
And if you all have to ask so many questions on the care and handling of my Baby-dog (Nostalgia) and her pups..........Then you don't clearly know me well enough.
True , there are millons of dogs out there without homes.
But this was not no "I don't care" thing.
Nostalgia was planned to be breed once with a chocolate lab that has great pedigree back grounds.
The pups were already called for before we could even breed them.
All people are interviewed a each pup goes out to the right loving home.
And YES, all 10 pups got a spay and neuter cetificate along with their up to date shots.

I truley sorry! But you all just need to lay off me!!!!
I take very good care of my pets.
Because of the mix litter, I can't breed her with the champ chocolate lab, So yes she is spayed now and so is her daughter.

I don't need to explain myself to you all, and if this is how I am going to be treated after being a member here for over a year. Then you all are not my friends and I don't need to be here. :agrue:

[b][u]Good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u][/b]

You also have no right to call me irrisponsable either!
I keep my dog inside at all times except when to go potty.
I was at work and my sister knew to just let her out for a minite to go.
She had to attend to my children, and within that few minites I guess it happend.
Nobody is irrisponsable here.
You are the one that is being hard headed.

I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YOU OR ANYONE HERE.
Personally I am very upset and disappointed that dogomania has become such a [u]un-supportive [/u]and [u]un-welcoming [/u]site.

You can judge all you want, but no wrong was done, and there are pups that have permant, health, happy homes.
What was done was done , and there was nothing I could have done different then, and there is nothing that i could do different now.

I know now........why I don't visit here much anymore. :(
Very SAD!! :-?

WE SUPPORT YOU!!!!!!!!!

I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT YOU BRANG 10 PUPPIES INTO THIS WORLD.
I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT YOU WERE GOING TO BREED YOUR LAB.
I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A CRY BABY AND WANT EVERYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR.
I SUPPORT THE FACT THAT YOU WERE GOING TO BREED YOUR LAB TO ANOTHER LAB, JUST BECAUSE HE HAD A GREAT PEDIGREE(NEVERMIND COMPETING WITH YOUR DOG OR HEALTH TESTING, WHO NEEDS ALL OF THAT :roll: )

THERE'S YOUR SUPPORT.
HOPE YA LIKE IT :evilbat:

[quote name='Angelboddy'] And sold each of them for 20 dollars.
[/quote]

:roll: you can see the care in the way you say this.
as if you're proud you sold them each for $20.

oh and just cause you send them off with spay/neuter certificates doesn't mean those certificates will be honored.
hope you check up on each and every single one of those puppies to make SURE they get fixed :wink:

Hillside said:
[quote]As far as an abortion pill not being available, you STILL could have had her spayed, even with pups. [/quote]
Very true. I believe we've discussed this a number of times here before. I know that every vet I've talked to here will discuss spaying a bitch with an unwanted litter - it prevents future litters and removes the unwanted litter. We had to have this done to CrazyCat as she was pregnant when we started our foster with her. They spayed her quite late in her pregnancy and she was fine and we only had to find a home for one cat.

I had that done with Sheeba.

I WAS irresponsible. We took her off the street at 5 months. When she was a year old she still hadn't come into heat, so i figured she was fixed. Then when she was 15 months old, she went into heat.
She had a real "calm" heat, i didn't even notice it..until she sat down and i felt where she left a "wet spot"
so i told all of my family to keep an eye on her and DO NOT leave her outside, always make sure you watch her when she is outside.
what does my dad do? ties her out front and leaves her there.
she got tied with some mutt.
so 2 weeks later she was spayed.

I was irresponsible in the sense that i didnt have her spayed BEFORE and the sense that i didnt make sure that she didnt get pregnant.
but i was RESPONSIBLE because i made sure that no unwanted puppies came into this world..

[quote name='Angelboddy']I don't need to explain myself to you all, and if this is how I am going to be treated after being a member here for over a year. Then you all are not my friends and I don't need to be here. :agrue: [/quote]

Just because you have been a member here for over a year does not mean that we will look the other way when your dog has a litter of mixed pups. And considering that you have been a member for some time you should have known that some of us wern't going to be happy about it. And if I remember correctly didn't you volunteer at a Humane Society or shelter before? Did you not see all the animals that needed home there? I honestly don't know how you could have let your dog have the pups knowing that there are millions of dogs in the world that need homes. :-?

Guest Anonymous

I don't know you and frankly I'm glad.

Since I do not know you I'm not required to give you the "support" you want.

I can tell you I despise what you did.

Folks...I have to say it's people like this chick (who THANKFULLY spayed her dog due to an old wives tale!) that make me want to throw up my hands.

It makes me sick to think that someone who volunteers (Or at least used to) could even THINK about breeding an unhealth tested dog with out even one title on it.

UGH enough..I haven't been drinking so I'm not going to get myself wound up over this waste of time.

[quote name='Tammy']
It makes me sick to think that someone who volunteers (Or at least used to) could even THINK about breeding an unhealth tested dog with out even one title on it.[/quote]

And where did I say that My lab was unhealthy and untested!?
She is registered with a clean and healthly bill of health.
I started all of those tests when she turned 18 months old. And have been updating her health every 8 months since then.
Since shes been spayed, I only go once a year now. Just to keep her health history updated.
She may not have some fancy title,(just to make her suitable in your book!)........... but she has a great hunting background and history. She was breed for hunting purposes only. But instead.......became a great inside family loving dog.
REALLY PEOPLE! :roll:

Of course, I knew a lot of you would be very unhappy.
Truthfully....I was very unhappy about the whole thing also.

And the fact of getting an abortion or spaying here pregnat was band, and is no longer done here; where I live!

For god sakes people..........Being a volenteer for a humane shelter, I have seen many..... many litters of pups and adult dogs come in. And many never leave. :cry:
Mostly due to illness, neglect, or abandonment. :(
It's people that could care less and let their dog(s) have litter after litter . and most in the cold and with no human help or contact around them.
Then litter after litter is dropped off at the shelter. And then shortly after awhile the mother dog is abandoned also. :x
Pups come in such poor conditions that more then half are uthenized anyways. :x :(
Never have I seen a dog or pup come into the shelter with a clean, well taken care of bill of health.
Most are so flea bitten and tick infested, That they get some kind of illness from it. :(
I spent close to $900.00 on My lab and her 10 pups, To make sure they were in the best of health and had everything they needed before going to their new homes.
And All home made dog food cooked and freezed every week for the mamma dog and the pups when they were ready.
Many of the pups I still see several times a month, and other send updated emails and photos.
And if you think charging $20.00 for each pup was money in my pockets.
Well, you are all wrong! And you all need to think again! :evil:
That $20.00 was to at least insure the permant, safe, loving, and caring homes that each and every one was going to.
And if something was to happen to where they could no longer keep the pup........... The pup is to come back to me where I could find a better and more suitable loving home.

This is just plain stupid and most of you don't even have the right to say such things.
Yes I have been a member here, And surely this is not the dogo I remember writing to. :o :-?

There are still a few old dogo members left that are still around, And are probally just as discusted as i am right now, that they don't even want to write in this post. Most have already sent me private messages.
Messages of a true dogo and how they feel about all you narrow minded members. :roll:

And you all just keep thinking what you all want. And have another while your at it! :drinking: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Oh PLEASE do me a favor and send me a link to the state statue/law/regulation that bans Spay/abortion during a canine pregnancy! I'd love to see where in the State of Missouri this is not allowed.

Oh and there are ways around it (if in fact there is a law) as in "OH I didn't know she was two/three/four weeks along...duh"

Oh by the way...Let me put this into your head "Oh I'll spend $20.00 for this pup and the researcher will pay me $40...or the breeder woman will pay me $50...."

Oh and since you are so responsible and still had an accidental mutt mating what makes you think that one of those pups you SOLD for $20 intact won't have an accidental mating and then one of those pups and then one of those pups....well you don't want to get the picture.

Be proud of yourself you just added several more to the gas chamber.

You are NOT part of the solution you are PART of the problem.

Now that law/statute for your grand state please.

Guest Mutts4Me

I don't want to step into this argument, since I don't know the original poster, and I'm not happy about what happened, but I do want to mention one thing.

Maybe this isn't as common in the dog world (judging by everyone's reactions?), but in the cat world, it's very big, very important, that if you have a litter of kittens you're trying to find homes for, that you Do Not offer them "Free to a Good Home," in the paper or whathaveyou because off all the unscrupulous people out there who go to get free kittens for a) medical research b) snake food c) bait d) other immoral reasons. So if you advertise baby animals, it's highly suggested that you charge a nominal fee that serious, responsible people would understand and not mind paying, and that will turn off the ones just out looking for a freebee.

Because these dogs are mixes, I don't know how much you would expect them to be sold for to "ensure a good home"? We complain on here all the time about people trying to sell mix breeds for the price of purebreds. So everything else aside (because, like I said, I don't feel like joining an argument), I don't think she was necessarily "proud" of selling the pups for $20, I think it was mentioned matter-of-factly to inform everyone that a) she didn't just hand them over to anyone looking for a free puppy and b) that she wasn't trying to profit off of them. I think in that (specific) instance, she did the right thing.

Guest Anonymous

My thing is why not go ahead get them fixed, UTD on shots and then charge the price of the vetting as their adoption fee?

That's what I've done with all kits and pups that I have placed on my own (without help from a rescue) and I typically don't have a problem at all placing an animal.

It seems to me that getting those pups fixed should be the MOST important thing there is.

I don't know what plant you are from!
But spay and neutering here is not done til 5 months, AT THE EARLIEST!
The humane societys here don't even spay or neuter their pups.
They give vouchers for a spay or neuter for when the pup is old enough.
And the same was done for the pups.
And like I said "I have been in contact with most in person and others by email."
The pups are alittle over 5 months now .
All pups are right on schedule for their spay and neuter
All but 2 are through my vet, and the other 2 will have a recipt sent to me.

and Arizona is 3 months...........?
All states, Citys and countys Very.
It depends on the people population and compact or spaced out the county or citys might be.
The county I live in does not ask for you to register your dog though the pounds after getting the rabbies shot.
We get the tag and their good for another year. :-?
Arizona Gave a slip of paper and a envelope to send $22 for unspayed, $18 for unneutered, and $9 for spayed and neutered. after rabie shot.
The rabie tag would be sent in the mail after payment was made.

But the point is................................ALl states are different (including the citys we live in)

I could not get my kitty neutered any where! And i mean any where......Til he was 6 months of age exactlly! :o
Thats just cuting it way to close.
INCLUDING spaying and neutering their pups. :o
3months was what I have been us to because of living in arizona most my life.
Arizona keeps a good regestration system and animal control on their strays and lost loved ones.
I personally think Missouri (or at least my county or city) don't care much about animal control And wish they would do more (like spay and neuter earlier in age.)
Also abortions for unexpected pregnacys in pets.
And more non-kill shelters, plus some kind of registry system for all pet owners.