Dogomania

New Puppy

Kerislc

Ok, I know it is bad to get a puppy for Christmas, but hear me out for a second. My mother in law had to put her dog down on Christmas eve and has been talking to a Bichon breeder for about 9 months now (We call her the Bichon wizard -- she is awesome). Well, my father in law kept telling her that they were not going to get another dog, but somehow managed to get in touch with this breeder that his wife had been talking to. She was just about to breed another litter, so he put his name on the list, and played his wife along for months!

She was so upset on Christmas because Molly had been put down and here comes her husband with the puppy. I did make sure that it was a quiet time after things had settled down. She is so cute and Scout LOVES her. Last night they both laid on my lap and shared a bone. Scout chewed on one end and the puppy chewed on the other. I have never seen a dog do that. It was adorable!

I am so excited for them! They make great owners and I know that this dog could not be in better hands. Except that she might get a little spoiled :D . I post pics in the next couple of days.

The pup sounds lovely :wink:
I don't think any one here on this board would be upset by this particular Christmas puppy. :wink: The only upsetting Christmas puppy are the unplanned for pups bought on a whim from a pet store. From what you wrote lots of research and study went into this planned puppy purchsse. It also sounds as though the pup was purchased from a responsible breeder.

That is very sweet both dogs chewing on the same bone. It sounds like a relationship that is going to work out well. My dogs (3 Newf's, Dobie and Rottie) will also share bones and lay beside each other when chewing their raw meaty bones. The pup sounds like he has a wonderful temperment and disposition.
Good luck to your parents.