Dogomania

Nightmere problems

What do you mean by nightmares? Do you mean twitching and some vocal sounds? Or something more server? Zebra has had dreams before where his paws move and he makes some sounds. Then he has had some nightmares where he looks like he is having convultions and wakes up barking and scared. I just comforted him when he woke up and he was fine. He hasn't had any in a long time.

How old is cinco and how long have you had him?

Thats what Cinco has except he hasn't had any where he'd wake up and bark i don't think. I did that lastnight he seemed to lreally enjoy it because I stopped petting him for a second and he just looked at me like he was trying to say "Hey did I say u could stop? No so keep it up" He also went and sat by my bedroom door(sleeps in my room at night)

lol. The reason I'm thinking they have something to do with the owners is 1 from whent the HS told us he'd been adopted out 2 times b4 and brought back 2 times b4. They said he ran everyday but then they also said he was crated all day also(HS told us this) cuz when we brought him I took him outside and brought him back in and a few minutes later he had wanted outside again and he looked at me like he was expecting me to do something that I'd never do and that is make a dog sleep outside espicaly in winter. I'm not making any accuastions again but just going by how he acted the 1st few days he was here

As ESSlover mentioned your dog is simply having a chasing dream where the dog is going after prey. I have seen my Rottweiler barking and yelping in her sleep...people don't realize that some dogs when in pursuit of game or prey will yelp and bark as they get excited in the chase. When my Rottie is having one of these dreams you would think it was a nightmare, but I know that she is having an exciting dream of chasing a rabbit etc. Her legs are pumping and she is yipping and crying and some times a low howl...these are not nightmares such as we humans have...just an exciting chase.
My Rottie has had a few times were she has chased a rabbit. She has made the exact noises as she does in her sleep when she is in full pursuit. This is also the same noise the Coyotes in my back woods make when they are chasing game. It sounds like a dog fight in the woods, but its just the Coyotes excited as they are chasing prey.
One of my Newf's which I have known since he was a pup will howl in his sleep at times. Just let the dog sleep and have his dreams...I certainly wouldn't want to be woken up if I were having a dream of myself and Kevin Sorbo in an intimate embrace... :o :lol:

I think some times we read too many human emotions in our dog

[quote name='Cassie']I certainly wouldn't want to be woken up if I were having a dream of myself and Kevin Sorbo in an intimate embrace... :o :lol:

[/quote]

If your nocturnal encounter with Kevin Sorbo interfered with my ability to sleep such as rocking the bed until I felt seasick or like I was going to be pitched to the floor or had you screaming to the high heavens or included being continually cow kicked in my kidneys, trust me, I'd wake you up *snicker*. Perry (one of my Standards) dreams quite violently (in regard to movement) and does all these endearing things in his sleep and, despite hating to disturb such blissful slumber, I wake him up. Can't sleep getting tossed about like I'm in a tornado. :P

[quote]If your nocturnal encounter with Kevin Sorbo interfered with my ability to sleep such as rocking the bed until I felt seasick or like I was going to be pitched to the floor or had you screaming to the high heavens or included being continually cow kicked in my kidneys, trust me, I'd wake you up [/quote]
HF, I really hope we never end up in such an encounter that you would feel the need to wake me from one of my intimate dreams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If we ever meet at a dog grooming seminar in the future I will not invite you down to my room. :lol: :lol:

hey HF if I run into Kevin Sorbo in any of MY dreams I dont want to be waken up either, ok? I'll sleep on the floor so not to disturb you....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think mostly the larger hunting and high prey breeds probably have
more "movement" dreams then other, although I have heard of terriers doing it too....do you know if your pup has ever really chased anything, even squirrels in the yard? My lab x has moving dreams all time, my hound once in a while. my lab chases critters in the yard (and kills them if she catches them :oops: :oops: ) but the hound doesnt. seems out of place without her pack...

[quote name='Cassie'][quote]If your nocturnal encounter with Kevin Sorbo interfered with my ability to sleep such as rocking the bed until I felt seasick or like I was going to be pitched to the floor or had you screaming to the high heavens or included being continually cow kicked in my kidneys, trust me, I'd wake you up [/quote]
HF, I really hope we never end up in such an encounter that you would feel the need to wake me from one of my intimate dreams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If we ever meet at a dog grooming seminar in the future I will not invite you down to my room. :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Uh, er, I think you misunderstood. What I was referring to was the post about letting a kicking, flailing dog sleep through it and not waking them up. What I meant was that when it interferes with MY ability to sleep, I'm waking them up. The Kevin Sorbo (I don't even know who that is :oops: ) thing was just kind of a metaphoric thingy. I promise I won't stalk you to your room at a grooming seminar. :oops:

:P

To answer you question about little dogs deaming, Scout sure has them. He will cry in his sleep and he looks like he is throwing a tantrum with his from pays. He sleeps next to our bed, so I will just put my hand on his belly and he stops. It doesn't seem like it happens that often, but when it does it is several times during the night. It only happens at night not when he is napping.