Dogomania

Dogs you wouldn't own.

Queen Bitch

Zeelah, you dont have to hunt to own a hunting dog. I own two of them and I have never hunted in my life. The allusion to hunting really comes down to giving them enough exercise. With two now its actually easier. Now, I have a large fenced yard, and they both play in it quite happily. chase each other, and squirrels, and the raccoons. They have lots of room to run off their energy. But even without one, enough excercise and good training is really all it takes. they dont need to hunt, butthey do need to exercise. Its not exactly the same as a herder, who are "job orientated" ay job you give them where they can run out their energy is fine with them. A simple game of fetch (for the retriever) and "run" for the hound (I've taught her this command, and left downed tree branches in the yard.) She will do circles around the yard, jump over the trees, entice Free to chase her. Free cheats and cuts her off, but she turns on a dime and keeps going. Its good for both of them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hillside']Yeah, but would you ever own a Dalmatian? ( I swear, you guys are trying to kill me here.)[/quote]

I guess if I ever got a DalmatiAn I'd have to learn how to spell it right? 8)

Believe me, I understand. I seen and heard the Belgian Shepherds called BelgiUM Shepherds many many times.

[quote name='Carolk9s'][quote name='hillside']Yeah, but would you ever own a Dalmatian? ( I swear, you guys are trying to kill me here.)[/quote]

Believe me, I understand. I seen and heard the Belgian Shepherds called BelgiUM Shepherds many many times.[/quote]

Precisely. I am VERY disappointed in my fellow Dogo'ers for not recognizing my comment. Except Jessashelony.

So Carol, how is that Belgium of yours? :wink: :lol:

[quote name='hillside'][quote name='Carolk9s'][quote name='hillside']Yeah, but would you ever own a Dalmatian? ( I swear, you guys are trying to kill me here.)[/quote]

Believe me, I understand. I seen and heard the Belgian Shepherds called BelgiUM Shepherds many many times.[/quote]

Precisely. I am VERY disappointed in my fellow Dogo'ers for not recognizing my comment. Except Jessashelony.

So Carol, how is that Belgium of yours? :wink: :lol:[/quote]

Anybody have a Burmese Mountain Dog? :lol:

[quote name='hillside'][quote name='Carolk9s'][quote name='hillside']Yeah, but would you ever own a Dalmatian? ( I swear, you guys are trying to kill me here.)[/quote]

Precisely. I am VERY disappointed in my fellow Dogo'ers for not recognizing my comment. Except Jessashelony. *

So Carol, how is that Belgium of yours? :wink: :lol:[/quote]

*and Allamericanpup. :D

Guest Mutts4Me

I understood the DalmatiAn comment, but by the time I read it, it had already been explained :)

I'm surprised that there are still people on this board, even, who continue to type "pittbull," "pitt bull," "pitt," "shepard," and "dalmation." I got corrected once about the Dal thing and was cured, lol, and I've seen it corrected so many other times that I know most people have to read it. Same with the pit bull thing. I don't see "shepard" corrected nearly as often as the other two, though.

So umm, yeah... Jesse's a Belgium Shepard, right?