Dogomania

Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia...... boonies diagnosis

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yup.. rushed boonie to the vet today after i saw him go pee and it was pure blood.. urinalisys, blood tests and many other tests later and that's the diagnosis. a deadly disease, where if he doesn't resond to the meds he can die.. :o :cry: he's on prednisone, anitbiotics and one other pill ( can't remeber hte name ) and pepcid ac all through out the day.. every 6 hours for some, 8 hours for the others, 12 for others.. i hope that he does well with the meds and can get over this disease.. please pray for boonie for hte next few weeks.. he's on all the meds for 3 months... what a christmas...

Guest Anonymous

thanks everyone. the meds have kicked in for boonie and he's doing what the vet said he would.. sleep and just overall not feel well :( poor little guy.....

cousins aspen and gaia send their regards for a speedy recovery. yes it does seem as if the proverbial poo hits the fan [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_12.gif[/img] near the holidays! gaia's lymph nodes are swollen so we had an unscheduled vet visit this weekend too. i do hope boonie will feel better soon!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys.. he's doing alittle better. his pee is not solid blood anymore. it's still not the color it should be. still red but no where near as bad as yesterday.. he is really drugged up though becuase i brushed him today and he slept throught the whole thing, normally he would attack the brush evertyime..
i'll keep you all updated. I have boonies med sched. on the fridge. no sleeping in on my vacation! his first meds is at 8 30 am then he has 1 at 9 am and one at 10 am..

hey dal give boonie kisses from me today too....i hope he is better how about for xmas i get him a huge fluffy pillow he never has to leave and we will just spoil him rotten...

How is Cody and Zoey are they eating good at MIL house or is Cody missing you mad crazy. Talk to you soon

poor poor guy. Hopefully the meds will get everything running on the straight and narrow. I know how hard this must be on you. Just hang in there and think positive. Give him lots of cuddles and sweet whispers (I'm sure you are already)