Dogomania

I need Info on Breed Specific Bans in Europe

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can get a comprehensive list of bans against Pitt Bulls for all of Europe? I am in the miltary and am putting in a list of places I wish to move to and I would like to go to Europe, but not if they wont let me take my dog Xena (red nose chocolate pitt bull) I need somthing soon so if anyone can help please let me know!

Thx in advance

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Angryjellyfish']anyone... ??[/quote]

Give everyone some time : :lol:

Everyone comes on at different times, plus we have people from many different countries which are on at different times due to different time zones. Someone'll be around to answer your questions when they can, and we do have plenty of members in Europe :)

Good Luck with moving with your Pit Bull. I know England, Germany, and the Netherlands ban them as well as France, which Jeff mentioned.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys.. Italy and England were on my list but now are not.. i cant live without my babies!! anyhow.. i guess ill just stay stateside.. or asia.. unless u guys know any bans in Korea, Japan, Guam, Okinawa etc.. ill check again tomorrow to see if anyone else knows.. THANKS again!!

Christine

The Italians are all twats with their list of banned breeds :roll: As far as I know, N.ireland, Southern Ireland, Great Britain, France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, and Norway all have bans on Pits. They are allowed (I think) in Luxemburg, Poland, Czech, Sweden, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, finland and Austria. Hope this helps.

Technically the Italian big list of dogs is not banned strictly speaking. It is a potentially "threatening" dog list. You have to be approved to own one, can't be under 18 or have a criminal record, the dog has to be muzzled all the time, you have to have big liability insurance etc. Load of crap if you ask me. I wonder what dogs AREN'T on the list?

Italy has passed Restrictions or bans on 92 breeds, including pit bulls

Italy - has just introduced tough new laws targeting 'potentially aggressive' breeds, but has steered clear of out and out breed specific bans. However, the new laws are flawed, branding breeds such as Border Collies and Corgis as 'dangerous'.

Collies? Corgi's? what is WRONG with these people, or rather, their government??????

They tried to tie a "potentially dangerous" dog bylaw onto the bylay changes here. I am afraid they will think that by scraping the breed ban that they are doing everyone a huge favour and think they can get that "potentially dangerous" bit by. Its a huge crock with so many problems I can't begin to rip it apart. I will only say that this bit is the scariest part "if a dog APPEARS THREATENING" it can be listed as a potentially dangerous dog - what the hell does that meen APPEAR and THREATENING and to whom?!