Dogomania

Myths about yorkies.

candy722

Don't let yorkie breeders fool you. They will tell you that yorkies don't shed hair which is a big fat lie. They will also tell you that they will have silky shinny hair which is also a lie. Yorkies have 3 types of hair. Thick silky hair, cottony, and wooly. Yorkie breeders will tell you anything just to make a sale.

I did all my research on yorkies before purchasing one. And I still got got lied. First of all I don't know how a silky hair yorkie feels compared to cottony and wooly. And if you do read on these types of hair in yorkies they can't even describe it to you in words how it suppose to feel. Another thing is I was lied about my yorkies age. He got away with telling me that he was 10 weeks old because he wanted me to think he was small but in reality he was only 6 weeks. Everywhere I took him including vet and pet stores said that he was only 6 weeks old. How are you suppose to know how a 10 week old yorkie look like? It's still good to do your research but if you catch your breeder lying on just one item then you should not trust them at all. Most likely they are lying to you about more things.

Where I live, Yorkies are a hot item right now. Everyone is breeding them and they are selling for upwards of $1000. My inlaws friend bought one out of the paper and it took her 6 weeks to get a dog before the whole litter was sold. She had to call as soon as she got the paper and be there by 7 am.

The thing that frustrates me is, because of this, everyone is breeding Yorkies. They are creating a population of poorly bred puppies and when these dogs go out of style, what is going to happen? Oh, it makes me mad :madgo:

I know yorkies are really hot since last year but I can't figure it out why. I got a yorkie because I always wanted a yorkie and got my yorkie after my previous dog past away. So can someone tell me why are yorkies so hot? Yorkies in california were $1000 and up. You get lucky if you see one for $1000. Just 6 months later after I got my yorkie prices dropped so much. You now can find one for $650.00 so Im guess there is alot of competition whose trying to sell them. I know a few people go to shelters to try to adopt a yorkie but they can't find one that is pure bred. Maybe after many people do buy yorkies they will probably get adopted right away.

• 2 weeks later...

People can be so iresponsible. Just because lots celeberties have small dogs, they think that it is mandatory to get one themself. Its fine if the person does research, and finds out they really would want t own that specific breed, but so many just run out and get the first puppy they can get their hands on, its ridiculous. I don't know how the human race can possibly be so stupid sometimes, but I guess it just is something to get used to, as it will probably always be this way.