Dogomania

Worried about Taurus

Taurus has a large red bump between his "toes", and I took him to the vet last week and had it looked at. the vet said it was nothing to worry about, and to continue soaking it in epsom salts (which I had allready been doing).

Well its been a week now, and the bump is getting bigger, redder and more tender for Taurus.

I am really scared that this is somehow tied into the temperment changes we've seen with taurus also.

I am going to take him to a different vet because at this point, i am not too thrilled with ours. I would also like to get a 2nd opinion on the changes we've seen in him. But in the meantime, any thoughts??

Here is a picture of it:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YAAzA8QdEKRtTPwMidA6sr1uEp*MfYQgxObwFVmpczBJAR5I6!V6WUfh3BxqnxZDoLQOseEa74ZvSwXGLKhV6YwKvL7*sUUocvXqmPxptWoejsyjYK5NXCaYp7xxAhwlF!ZCOuYGWZbXcm0CTW96aQ/DSCF0001.JPG?dc=4675500900093583848[/img]

My goodness, I'd be grouchy if I had that between my toes too. Poor dear. What vet were you using and what vet are you thinking of? I have been checking around for a new vet lately too. I've heard good things about King Animal Hospital but it is right downtown London, still checking into them. Staples animal hospital has been in fairly reliable in London for over 25 years except for one incident but I suspect that has been rectified, PM me if you want more info. Western Animal Clinic is really expensive. There is a holistic type vet out in Komoka but that's all I know about him. I've heard a few good things about Dr. Dillard in Lambeth and the vet way out end of Wellington, past the old icehouse.

Well, Dr.Dillard is out of the question as she has made her position loud and clear regarding Bill-132 and any BSL. She feels all pitbulls should cease to exist after the current dogs die out. I would never take my dog anywhere near her.
Apparently, after the Nov.16th meeting she did call into 1290 CJBK and say that she had changed her views b/c there were so many peopel that took so much time to care, that these dogs maybe could hav a good future??? I dont care though, I still would never give her my business.

I am going to take him to King Animal Clinic. My neighbour down the road takes her English Bulldogs there and says she is AMAZING! She has gone there for years with her dogs and speaks very highly of her.

I am currently taking them to Banner Road Animal Clinic in Thamesford. The reason I go there is because my parents have gone there forever, but I just feel like I am not getting the best service there as I need to really press for tests, etc regarding both Jada ( the incontinence) and Taurus ( the bahvioral issues and now this).

Thanks for the info K...I really appreciate that! My neighbour with the bulldogs actually hasn't seen the lump, she just reccommended the clinic. I had been speaking to her abotu changing a couple months ago as I didn't really think our vet was handling the thyroid/ behaviour changes the way I liked and she suggested this new clinic back in September or October.

I will get a picture of her dogs though for ya! :wink: I'm sure you'd love them!! They are sooo cute. They are both around a year old (Im not sure if they're from the same litter), one male, one female... TOO CUTE!

Well, Im off to work, then after lunch we'll be heading into London to the vet. I will defenitly update everyone when we return.

DogPaddle, I will let you know if I like this vet too, for your future reference..

Kara