Dogomania

Belgian Malinois Pups!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

You may not of read it...but it was there to see...rule number 8

8 ) This community is against puppy mills and indiscriminate breeding - so please do not come here to try to sell your puppies/advertise your dog for stud

thanks

Guest Anonymous

I adopt 2 dogs a mth from my local animal shelter and put some obedience training and sometimes agility into them and adopt them out. I also volunteer there. I am not just a "breeder" I train dogs for Obedience, agility, and PSA (protection sport association) and also for Schutzhund. And i occasionly only breed quality working Malinois. :lol:

Guest Mutts4Me

That's fine, but you just put your advertisement on at least 6 different sections of the same forum :-?

This is a nice community, and we welcome any dog owner, rescuer and/or responsible breeder in, but advertising puppies for sale isn't allowed, nor is it the best way to introduce yourself onto the forum.

Good luck with the puppies

Guest Anonymous

Sorry mutts4me i didn't read anything that stated that advertising puppies for sale wasn't allowed. I don't see anything wrong with advertising them on this forum thought it would be ok. But i guess some people don't like the idea of it. Again i am sorry.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Mutts4Me']That's fine, but you just put your advertisement on at least 6 different sections of the same forum :-?

This is a nice community, and we welcome any dog owner, rescuer and/or responsible breeder in, but advertising puppies for sale isn't allowed, nor is it the best way to introduce yourself onto the forum.

Good luck with the puppies[/quote]

Well said Mutts

No worries VRH. You didn't know so no harm done. Your welcome to stick around and post, sounds like you might have some interesting information for us. BTW I'm impressed that you don't let your pups go until 12 weeks, I'm no expert but I've often thought that 8-9 weeks is a bit too young as far as proper puppy socialization goes.

I am a breeder. I have bred Shar-Peis for many years, and i feel that i am responsible. i never breed a litter without being sure they'll be placed, i do health checks, etc etc.

this board has been very open to me and my bigmouthed views :lol: and i am greatful to be able to post here.

also, i agree with Mei Mei.
i also agree with K, so many unwanted animals. :cry: which is why i also do Pei/Mix Rescue!!!

I missed the original post.
I hope that the person who has Malinois pups for sale is also involved in Malinios rescue. I am, and there are LOADS of Malinios in the rescue system at all times. A high drive Belgian is NOT the breed for everyone. Too many people will get the pup then realize they have NO idea what to do with all that energy and drive.
I am not against well thought out, responsible breeding programs. I am thoroughly against breeding dogs just because one thinks they can sell them and wash their hands of the pups once they are gone. Since I do not know the person who posted the link, least I don't think I do, I am NOT saying they are the irresponsible type.
I would love to know how you screen potential homes for your pups. I would love to know what guarantees travel with each pup. I would love to know your policy for taking back pups AND adult dogs you have bred. I would love to know what type of support you offer buyers of your puppies and for how long. I would love to know what health clearances the parents of said pups have. I would love to know if your pups are sold on a limited registration or spay/neuter contract.
I would REALLY love to know of your involvement in Belgian Rescue?

[quote]Treu Pits I think in this day and age with the shelter situations as they are...dare I say especially with Pits...then anyone who expresses even an interest in breeding is going to be subjected to some questioning,lots of advice,many many voices of dissuasion and even some really negative comments as you yourself experienced...I think the Spay and Neuter message needs more and more advocates and am not afraid to add my voice to the campaign against breeding...I will not sit back whilst irresponsible breeders tout for homes for pups already born that simply neednt be...and 12 of them no less...its downright wrong![/quote]

I totally understand, especially since I've been here awhile now. With me I never said I was a breeder, was thinking about breeding, ect. All I did was post pictures of a couple of my females and I got someone saying That females looks like she's had a couple litters, and breeder this, and flack over a collar and people were really mad over silly stuff. Stuff they wanted to see I felt, that didn't exist. I guess thats water under the bridge, when I posted about the breeders thing I wasn't really thinking about that stuff, just the fact that it said WE are against breeding. Who is "we", the admin(s), the board I'm part of the board as are other people, it was weird one speaking for all in that sort of statement. It was like a "cult expression".
"You see nothing wrong with it!" "We are against breeding" Its kind of funny too. I wasn't really being serious my statement about myself, it was kind of meant in fun. You have to reminds us we're against breeding. But I did understand the questions but at the time I was a little fustrated and on the defense.
I'm against irresponsible breeding, I've probably expressed that before and I don't have a way of knowing about this breeder (nor do I care to), but I agree there should be no advertising on the board of any kind. There are probably 100s of boards/forums with free "for sale" ads. Why try to peddle pups at every corner?

[quote]Personally I get very annoyed when I hear ignorant comments like "Ohh you are just doing it for the money." blah blah etc. A lot of people have absolutely no idea what we do, and how much time, money and love we put into our dogs. [/quote]
ME TOO! I get even more annoyed when people assume and act like you make money in a positve way. Exp "Breeding dogs must be really good money". People who say that have no idea how much it cost to breed dog (correctly that is), it cost a lot just to have them as pets, breeding them is so much more.

I hope this post made sense, I'm way beyond tired and my eyes hurt.

On one of horse sites I belong to, a teenager posted a question asking whether she should breed her Cocker to get Cockers or Cockapoos. She wants to do it for a 4-H project, and wants to know what kind of puppies people would rather have.

Of course almost everyone, including me, who responded told her how breeding should be to better the breed, not to do it to see what it's like. We also told her of the thousands of unwanted dogs who are put to sleep each year. I can't believe that 4-H would encourage such a project!

I suggested that she adopt a puppy from a shelter so that she can raise and train the puppy.

Of course, she didn't like any of our responses.

Its a club for children.Stands for Head, Heart, Hands and Health. Its an organization similar to the boy scouts, planned activities, teaching, community service, and agriculture. They have adult projects too, like taking kids to senior citizen homes, babysitting for singlt mothers, charity organizations, etc. The Seeing Eye often places puppies with 4-H members for the early socialization with people and other animals, before they are old enough to start being trained for service work. If you are interested they have a website that describes their charter and the work they do.

I find it hard to believe that they would be encouraging this person to breed puppies, since a big part of their charter is animal welfare and agriculture. They do allow the kids to choose projects, and decide what kind of project they want to do, so maybe she chose one with animals and embellished it some. One of the things they used to do was let the club member watch animals being born, even puppies, and then had them care for the mother and the pups, etc. I dont know if they still do that or not. Most places are trying to get away from teaching childbirth this way....I dont believe they bred the animals tho. Farmers will often let them watch livestock being born, and get their assistance for the birth.