Dogomania

Britney Spears "adopts" 4 wk. old Chihuahua

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

Whoa.

We were watching Inside Edition (why, I don't know. I didn't have the remote) tonight, and at the end they showed a clip of Britney "adopting" a new puppy. Well, she "adopted" it from a pet store. And before some nice soul tries to give her the benefit of the doubt and pipe up that maybe, just maybe, it was a rescue inside a pet store... [b]The Chihuahua was 4 weeks old!!![/b] OMD!!! And then she bought it a coat and other stuff and took it to her limo.

Ugh. :evil:

all of those stupid pop stars get their dogs out of puppy stores, they think it's just so great and their dogs are just so cute :roll:

the only person i saw actually trying to adopt a dog was Nick, ya know the guy out of 98 degrees and married to jessica simpson.
he wanted a husky but jessica didn't want all the hair :roll:
a rescue lady brought out 2 husky puppies from the rescue..

then jessica went to a breeder of maltese( i think it was maltese) and you could so tell this guy was a BYB, he was selling the dogs for like $2000 :o

[quote name='MajiesMom']I guess she's trying. LOL
She's has a German Shepherd worth $30,000.00 US[/quote]

I saw that on some VH1 special about her....doesn't she have 2 of them?? Apparently they are from this super expensive personal protection dog trainer. Still....30 g's is an awful lot for a dog :o

I saw a show that said she has two too but I wasn't sure.
I would charge at least $30,000.00 if I was selling a dog to Brittany Spears. LOL :P
I have heard of show dogs (GSDs too) going for something crazy like $400,000.00 but once you calculate the stud fees and the cost of the puppies the dog is paid off in a year or two.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']
a rescue lady brought out 2 husky puppies from the rescue.[/quote]

Was it a rescue??? I totally missed that. It's one of three episodes I've seen, because I knew it was going to be about dogs. But I thought the husky people were breeders, too. I liked how they stood there and discussed how the plants the puppies were playing in were toxic to dogs. And watched. And watched.

There are celebs who go to rescues and shelters, it's always nice to see a star with a mutt or a big rescue dog instead of a teeny BYB purse puppy that disappears in a couple months :)

[quote name='Mutts4Me'][quote name='AllAmericanPUP']
a rescue lady brought out 2 husky puppies from the rescue.[/quote]

Was it a rescue??? I totally missed that. It's one of three episodes I've seen, because I knew it was going to be about dogs. But I thought the husky people were breeders, too. I liked how they stood there and discussed how the plants the puppies were playing in were toxic to dogs. And watched. And watched.

There are celebs who go to rescues and shelters, it's always nice to see a star with a mutt or a big rescue dog instead of a teeny BYB purse puppy that disappears in a couple months :)[/quote]

Yeah I saw that episode...I'm pretty positive the huskies were rescues. Shannon Elizabeth (from American Pie) also has 3 rescue dogs. I think it was 2 mixes and a Pit, but I'm not certain. :D

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Cairn6']It would be nice if they wanted a small purse dog if they got it from a shelter. Nothing wrong with wanting a dog to travel with you just as long as you are commited to the dog and took good care of him/her.[/quote]

Very true! But (if you're referring to my "teeny purse puppy" comment) I said "that disappear after a couple months." I don't have anything against them getting travel-sized dogs, but you see them getting photo opps with their malti-poos and such things (that they probably paid 2k for), and the next thing you know there's a new Chihuahua or such thing, and the cycle continues.

Guest Mutts4Me

Oh yeah. Glad to hear the huskies were rescues. I heard someone say they were $150 a piece, and I was thinking, what the h*** kinda major BYBing are we promoting here?? :oops:

A quick BTW on the $30,000 Brittney Spears dog, it turned out that they got hosed by the so-called breeder, the dog turned out to be worthless. They ended getting a dog through Ed Frawley of Leerburg instead, for about $5000. There isn't a PPD out there worth that kind of cash, ever.

Nice to know money still can't buy you common sense or a half a brain :-? :P .

[quote name='Mutts4Me'][quote name='Cairn6']It would be nice if they wanted a small purse dog if they got it from a shelter. Nothing wrong with wanting a dog to travel with you just as long as you are commited to the dog and took good care of him/her.[/quote]

Very true! But (if you're referring to my "teeny purse puppy" comment) I said "that disappear after a couple months." I don't have anything against them getting travel-sized dogs, but you see them getting photo opps with their malti-poos and such things (that they probably paid 2k for), and the next thing you know there's a new Chihuahua or such thing, and the cycle continues.[/quote]
No I wasn't referring to your comment but I must admit I got the phrase small purse dog from just reading your post. I really didn't have a problem with what you said at all. I agree 100%.

I remember wathcing jay lenno some time ago and Nichole Richie was on it and she had recently bought a pom puppy, and the guys were totally scaming here, because she had money, and the puppy was sick and also too young I think, and then she said that she had called them pretending to be an old man, and they gave here a totally different price that time.

One would think that celebritys would have a litle more money sencen than that :roll:

I saw that same stupid article........it was supposed to be about Brittney being a new "step-mom"....but all it was was pictures of her with this little white dog......... :roll:
I pity the child !!! :lol:

And people charge more for their pups to these celebrities because they know they can fork over the dough !!! They don't care about these pups !!! :-?

Urgh, this makes me so mad. I once saw this article about Kelly Osbourne, and she bought an Affenpinscher from...WoC! Not only that, Jennifer and Brad Pitt have just gotten a labradoodle. The article said something along the lines of... "forget Chiuaua's, they are so last year! The new craze it seems are for the famous labrador x poodle crosses. Originally..." and then they go on to say the breed's history and origin...etc.

What really annoys me is that people who revere their favorite celebs will go out to the petstore and get that labradoodle, cockerpoo, mockipee or whatever their called... :x

[quote name='pyrless']"so last year"... :zly7: ?????
What is it going to take, and why is it so hard, for people to grasp the fact that dogs are sentient beings and not [b]accessories?![/b][/quote]
Exactly! It was in a British mag-forgot its name. :-? If only there was some king of HUGE organization that could educate celebirties or something...