Dogomania

Puppy Kong

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

LOL so i was shopping with Baileysmom today and we were talking about ways to keep boonie occupied on teh plane ride in a few weeks.. she said a kong but i said that with him having 12 teeth gone i was worried.. so she suggested the small puppy kong that is a lot softer.. LOL Boonie LOVES this thing he's been carrying it around and chewin' on it since i let him have it about 30 mins ago LOL and when zoey gets to closehe picks the thing up and runs off to hide with it lol ( it wouln'dt last but 3 mins in Zoey's mouth ) i'll have to get some pictures of it..

Guest Anonymous

i put cheese wiz in it and froze it. lol it didn't take long to freeze well.. i did it at 3.. but still lol it was frozen. he's been going at it for an hour! :)

Guest Anonymous

lol i had to take it away from him becuase he woulndt leave it alone and i dont want him to loose interest in it before we fly for 6 hours!!! lol it was the funniest thing seeing him carrying that thing around and tossing it up in the air

Guest Anonymous

WHAT>>!>!>!>! lol what he Boonie going to do take the puppy kong and throw it at someone?? LOL thanks for the heads up.. i'll go call them now!

oh please...what the hell kinda damage could a kong do on a plane? unless it was stuffed with plastic explosives its really not a security risk....

a coworker got stopped at secuirty and they took her cardboard nail files away...what was she gonna do with them, scratch a passenger to death?

sheesh.....

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]The lady was told he dog couldn't have a toy in the crate on the plane because of the new security precautions... :roll: [/color][/quote]

oh not griping at you, but at the stupid rules they've come up with since then. a KONG is a security risk? Cardboard nail files are a security risk? I think they're overdoing it JUST a little....

You should see what I have to go through. Getting insulin syringes thru security is like puling teeth. I have to have a medical card, doctors waiver, it takes 20 minutes at security while they search my carry on luggage, they argue with me, want to know why I didnt sent it thru cargo, etc. THIS STUFF KEEPS ME ALIVE YOU MORONS. I CANT BE PARTED FROM IT.

Do I trust you to get my cargo luggage to my destination? NO, I'm NOT TAKING THE CHANCE...I could DIE waiting for it to get to me...

:evil: :evil:

Court, I was watching "Airline" (or maybe "Airport") which is a show that follows that stories that happen at the SouthWest Airlines, like having to turn drunks away, getting some guy not wearing pants to put some on, getting another guy to wash himself 'cause he was so stinky.

Anyway, one of the stories was about a family with a kid who had this travel dialysis machine, and they were able to take him to Disney World for the first time because they could bring this machine with them. So, they had to check it as it was oversized and (apparently) scary looking. So this kids parents are watch out the windows as the baggage guys are loading the plane, and these guys are just throwing stuff around, and dropping it, and the parents saw them do the same with their luggage, which they had clearly marked FRAGILE. Luckily, they made SWA bring it in, so they could check it, and it didn't look damaged, but that's sensitive equipment, and they would know for sure until they ran it if something had broken.

I totally wouldn't want to depend on those guys to treat my stuff responsibly or to get it where I'm going!

Guest Anonymous

could havr SWORN i posted the results of the phoen call with them.... hmm

anyways they looked eveywhere and called a few people and they said that dogs ARE allowed to bring toys on the plane. and that they will manually search him and the kennel.. i hope he dont bite them.. we are working on fear of new people with him.. he tends to back off and growl.. i'm sure it has to do with him being abused in the past.. but.. oh well.. we'll find out!

Well maybe they could do the search before he is out of your sight. Then they check the kong for explosives :lol: then let him go on to the plane. This summer the last time we flew we had to take our shoes off I never had to do that before. I was glad no one had stinky feet there were a ton of us standing around in our socks. :lol:

Kongs are the best toys ever. As a trainer I promote them so much that I swear I should get stock in the company for as many people as I have buy them.

And the airlines are a royal pain in the neck. I'm glad they have these security measures but flying these days can be a nightmare. Last week they honestly took my cardboard nail file away from me. What was I going to do file someones nails to death or choke somebody with it. Honestly!

its even worse when I fly with my son...we are both diabetics, so 4 different types of insulin, all of which has to be "examined" at security, then the blood monitors, which have lancets (prickers) in them, those have to be examined, and then Kyle's leg, which has a titanium bar in it from a motorcycle accident that sets off security alarms everywhere he goes. So we do the wand, the pat down, he has to lift his pants leg and show his scars, it takes forever to get thru the damn security gate...we are one of those few people who really DO have to get to the airport 2 hours early....it takes that long just toget through security....

and then at least one person will ask why we have cold gel packs in lunch buckets (to keep the insulin cold) and will question whats in the packs. You can buy these things at Walgreens for God's sake.

This one guy was giving us a real hard time after the wand and pat down about the gel packs. I finally just exploded and said "I take it you make so much money you never have to carry your lunch and want it to stay cold?" and then demanded a supervisor. That worked out well because I was so aggravated (almost missed the plane) they bumped us up to first class....