Dogomania

Who would put this on their dog?

True_Pits

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']it's the fact that the chain probably weighs 5 or more pounds.
it doesn't matter if it's design or what the heck ever, a chain is a chain and it WILL HURT YOUR DOG.

but you obviously dont care[/quote]

LMAO Grow up.
Who do you think you are? I don't care? I care more about the well being of animals more than you ever could. Don't even go there little girl.

Oh yeah now I remember who you are, didn't you have an incident with your dog and your cat? Did you care?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MajiesMom'][quote name='AllAmericanPUP']it's the fact that the chain probably weighs 5 or more pounds.
it doesn't matter if it's design or what the heck ever, a chain is a chain and it WILL HURT YOUR DOG.

LMAO Grow up.
Who do you think you are? I don't care? I care more about the well being of animals more than you ever could. Don't even go there little girl.

Oh yeah now I remember who you are, didn't you have an incident with your dog and your cat? Did you care?[/quote]

Where the hell do you get off? WTF DID I CARE.
YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT I FRICKEN CARED.
you deserve to be royally f***ing slapped in the damn face

[quote name='Smooshie']

edited to add: LOL Ogrrl.....I just got this visual of tater in a spiked collar<shudder> :lol:[/quote]

It actucally looks kinda cute....but it kept getting stuck in his hair. Since he really doesn't have 'fur', ya know? It's so fine.....so he'll probably never wear it again.....I bought him a martingale nylon one....a red one....it looks nice on him.

That's what his previous owner had him on.....I took it off once we got in the car and his foster mom was out of sight!

[quote name='MajiesMom']
LMAO Grow up.

Oh yeah now I remember who you are, didn't you have an incident with your dog and your cat? Did you care?[/quote]

Jeeezus Majie....don't ya think that was a wee bit [i]harsh[/i]????? Her cat. is dead. :-?

[quote name='Smooshie'][quote name='MajiesMom'][quote name='AllAmericanPUP']it's the fact that the chain probably weighs 5 or more pounds.

LMAO Grow up.

Jeeezus Magie....don't ya think that was a wee bit [i]harsh[/i]????? Her cat. is dead. :-?[/quote]

Yes it was. I apologize.

[quote name='Smooshie'][quote name='MajiesMom'][quote name='AllAmericanPUP']it's the fact that the chain probably weighs 5 or more pounds.

LMAO Grow up.

Jeeezus Magie....don't ya think that was a wee bit [i]harsh[/i]????? Her cat. is dead. :-?[/quote]

thank you. like i didnt beat myself up enough for his death

Well of course it could be phony but I think the point was if it isn't it looks awfully painful. If MajiesMom has one that doesn't hurt her dog then fine but I don't think that is what people are talking about.

Also I question why someone would want to give the image that their dog is so tough especially if it happens to be a pit bull or Rottie with the reputation they are trying to fight.

Actually he is marketing it as a 'heavy collar..if you scroll down and actually read the description:

[quote]YOU ARE BIDDING ON 1,EXTRA LARGE BRAND NEW

2" WIDE TAPERED DOUBLE LEATHER COLLAR,

TAPERED AT THE BUCKLE FOR COMFORT,

THIS COLLAR HAS A MONSTER CHROME CHAIN RIVETED,

WITH A CENTER DEE RING [b]( WHEN YOU WALK YOUR KING YOU WILL FEEL SO PROUD)[/b] /BLACK OR BURGUNDY THICK LATIGO LEATHER COLLAR.

[b]THIS COLLAR IS MADE WITH EXTRA HEAVY NICKEL[/b] HARDWARE,LOCKSTITCHED WITH HEAVY DUTY THREAD[/quote]

This is what ticks me off the most....he is playing on the whole "big heavy collar= tough dawg" image. :-?

[quote]True_Pits it's nice to see you here again.[/quote]

Thanks Desertlady I've been so very busy, hardly any free time. I'm glad to be able and stop by a bit.

[quote]Yeah I would put it on my dog. It might be ugly to some people but I don't think it is ugly, it's okay. I have never seen a collar like that before it's unique and not the same old nylon collar you see on every dog. It's not something you would want to keep on your dog all the time only when you take your dog out but you shouldn't keep collars on all the time anyways.[/quote]

I don't think its ugly, looks wise its probably pretty appealing to some. However we shouldn't compromise welfare for looks. Its not at all unique as they sell scores at the dog shows, ghetto fighters put them on their dogs because they think it strengthens their dogs neck/makes them better/stonger when it just weaken them, people who want to boost their egos use them and add the chain leash, and some newbies use them and the weighted harness because they ignorantly believe they help condition the dog when they damage the dog. I cringe everytime I see someone put one on their dog.

[quote]I would have to see the collar in person but it doesn

i guess this is the opposite extreme of the people that dress up their toy dogs like dolls and polish their toenails... :roll:
some day i will put a (lightweight, don't worry! :D ) spiked collar on my Pom and a pink sweater on my Pyr and see what people have to say about THAT! :shiny:

[quote name='pyrless']i guess this is the opposite extreme of the people that dress up their toy dogs like dolls and polish their toenails... :roll:
some day i will put a (lightweight, don't worry! :D ) spiked collar on my Pom and a pink sweater on my Pyr and see what people have to say about THAT! :shiny:[/quote]
Now THAT's an idea. :wink:

About the collars...no comment.

I honestly don't think it looks that heavy. I doubt that it has much more weight to it than would a choke chain. Besides, some dogs do better on a large, thick collar because it is harder to slip loose from. My dog has a 2" wide, .5" thick collar and she doesn't care a bit. She'd be gone now if I had tried using a thin lightweight collar on her.

~Seij

[quote]I honestly don't think it looks that heavy. I doubt that it has much more weight to it than would a choke chain. Besides, some dogs do better on a large, thick collar because it is harder to slip loose from. My dog has a 2" wide, .5" thick collar and she doesn't care a bit. She'd be gone now if I had tried using a thin lightweight collar on her.[/quote]

Well then you honestly don't think, these collar way much more then choke chains. Thats why they are weighted. They generally way between 5-10lbs. The whole purpose is for them to be heavy. If you want to see for yourself next time their is a show near you, you can go check it out, meet new people, learn about Pit Bulls, just hang out, then stop by the leather stand with the weighted collar and harness and pick one up for yourself and see. You might find something you like too as they have tons of nice leather collar without heavy chains wrapped around them. Then you can know what your talking about. So it doesn't matter what you think or what it looks like, it only matters that they are heavy and don't really work, but I'm sure they make good money selling them.
Some dogs do need thick collars, look who you're talking to here. But not 5-10lbs collars. I use 2" 4-5ply collars on my dog, made by breeders who know the need and they are very durable so my dogs don't get loose and cause havoc.

Something has come to my attention though there have been a few people who said that

OK I have to put my 2 cents in for what its worth. I have 3 Rotties. I use all kinds of collars on them. I have the " Spike" ones, nylons, leather, bright pink, smiley face,choke chain, prongs, you name it I have it. Why because I like it.I like the variety. On the girls I have to use the prong collar and the chokers at all times because of the fighting that we experienced between them. The older members know what I went through with my girls. With out the prongs and the chokers on I have no control over my girls and they will snap at one another and a fight might start. I can not risk that. But Asim breaks through every collar we have. He is a very powerfull dog. He will be 2 in a few days and has broken through 5 choke chains, 3 nylon collars, snapped 2 leather collars. We use a real chain on him now but only when we take him out though. I don't think a collar will make a dog "vicious". I would use it because it is different and
looks strong enough that Asim probally couldn't break through it.
Oh who,,, I ready for the attacks.......