Dogomania

Who would put this on their dog?

True_Pits

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad that more people then you think can't wait to get one and slap it on their poor dog. They think it looks cool and stregthens their dog, when all it does is damage and weaken the dog. People believe that just because Pit Bulls do weightpull their necks aren't vulnerable to strain. Imagine 5-10lbs around your neck all day. People do need to be slapped back to reality.

Well I posted about this elsewhere , but far be it from me not to add my 2 cents in yet again :wink:

That collar is completely ridiculous. What purpose would ANYONE have for subjecting their dog to that other than plain old selfish "look how cool I am with my big tough dog". People are morons.... :roll:

Yeah I would put it on my dog. It might be ugly to some people but I don't think it is ugly, it's okay. I have never seen a collar like that before it's unique and not the same old nylon collar you see on every dog. It's not something you would want to keep on your dog all the time only when you take your dog out but you shouldn't keep collars on all the time anyways.

Not for that particular collar it just doesn't speak to me in that way that I would pay $30US. But I have bought a collar before that was locked up where you have to get a store clerk to get it for you. I think it was $80 Canadian and Magics only worn it twice. A girl can never have too many collars.

When I was young and silly I bought this big leather studded collar for my rottweiler, it was not really heavy. He never wore it as it was to big, so it was a waste of money. Now when I think back I laugh at the thoughts that must have been going through my mind to buy it in the first place.

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']let me put a chain around your neck and see how you like and see if it doesn't damage your neck :wink:

it's not the fact that the collar is leather and wide, it's the fact that their is a heavy chain on the thing.
yes it would damage your neck, and yes it would make your dog look vicous/tough to people[/quote]

I've put Magic's prong collar on and I wouldn't hesitate to put anything around my neck that I would put on my dog unless it was something I wouldn't want to put on my dog.
We are not talking about putting chains around dog

[quote name='ObedienceGrrl']Tater came to us with a leather spiked Harley Davidson collar.

It's 12 inches long.

But for some odd reason.....he just doesn't look viscious in it.....not sure why.[/quote]

For some reason Magic never looks viscious either, it might have to do with how her horns, I mean ears are always down and her tail is a waggin'.