Dogomania

How morbid am I?

Sarahstaff

Guest Anonymous

I agree with Kat. When I loose an animal I keep their collar and tags but that is it. I don't need their ashes to remind me of our love for each other.

3 of our dearly departed pets are buried in the local Pet Cemetary.....
3 are buried in our backyard.......and we keep all the collars and tags of our loved ones.
I hang them on hooks on my kitchen wall.....my Mom couldn't bear keeping her last little Bostons harness so she gave it to me and it hangs right next to Nakita's collar on the wall. :wink:

We used to bury ours in the backyard, but since our vet acquired a cremator burner thingy, we now have them cremated. I don't keep the ashes, though. I do keep the collars and I kept Rocco's boots. I could never leave mine with the vet for disposal. I don't know what they do with them elsewhere, but around here, dogs left with the vet are picked up by the city workers and hauled off to the landfill and dumped just like the other garbage. Most people here aren't aware that that's what goes on when the vet staff asks if they want them to "take care of it," but since I know, I can't do it. Even if I don't keep the ashes, I just can't bear the thought of my critter's body being dumped from a trash truck like common rubbish. :(