Dogomania

Chinese Crested - English Bulldog mix

Crested

Guest Anonymous

Okay 1st....If he were in the pound...I'd take him home...for only one reason...My god who else would want that dog!? I go for the "ugly", black or just plain dogs and cats. None of my animals can be considered stunning.

2nd...Genetic freak...So it's Genes are freakish? It's a cross breed...as others have said...No different than Beaux my ASD/Bloodhound (maybe mastiff I don't know what) he is on the left in my sig. Or Razor the guy on the right in my sig.

Or Mac that dog NO ONE seems to know what his mix is. Looks kind of pointerish kind of labish kind of god only knows what great grand daddy was.

To say that "Spike" is a genetic freak is to indicate that he has all sorts of health issues or any other number of issues beyond his looks.

Sigh....By the way...I think intentional Poo mixes are Freaks of Nature! Then again so are the people who breed them (sorry folks it's JMHO)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Dog Lover']TWISTY CATS?! ARE THEY SERIOUS?!

[url]http://monyscurry.com/twisty.htm[/url]

Poor cats... :([/quote]

Saddly they are serious...Bonsi Kittens are not real but Twisty Cats are.

If I remember right with out causing myself nightmares by looking at the site the original mutation started I THINK with two polydact's (Heminway). It was their off spring that were the "first".

As with the dog in this thread...I would adopt one if it were on death row but not my cup of tea...WAY to many health problems for my taste...and honestly folks how well can one of these cats do in a multi animal house hold?

Ok... I have to comment on this. I have no problem with people thinking that all hairless breeds are ugly and un-natural, because everyone has his/her own opinions. So no hard feelings about that.

But I do NOT like crossbreeding in any form ESPECIALLY when it comes to two breeds that are totally different from eachother both menthally and physically.

I like this dog because of one reason only. He was abandoned and afterwards rescued. No dog desurves to be abandoned or to come to this world unwanted.

No matter what anybody thinks, I like this dog and if I'd see him somewhere unwanted and homeless, YES I would take this dog home with me!

Yeah I don't see any possible argument here. What, he should be PTS because he's "a freak"? That's why I was so curious about K's "don't get me started" stuff. Is there something I'm missing?

However his owners do breed sphinx cats which is way outside my realm of comprehension. :roll:

[size=2][edited to take out repetitive wording][/size]

sphynx cats are hairless the same way that Chinese Cresteds, Peruvian Hairless', Mexican Hairless' and American Hairless Terriers are. The origin of sphynxes was a "genetic error" and people of that time thought it was cute and started breeding these hairless creatures. The sphynx is a very old race of cats so it is neither a freaky thing modern people have come up with by crossbreeding.

:o I have to say he'll definitely turn heads where-ever he goes......
I wouldn't pick a dog like that on purpose, but I'd definitely take him in if he had no where else to go.......and I'd certainly be able to get past his looks and love him..... :buzi:
Remember ~ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's only skin deep. :angel:

I think Spike has character! :D I just wonder what people say/do when they go for walks or to the dog park!

The dog was going to be dumped or [i]shot by the next morning[/i]. I think what the owners did is amazing, and Spike is so lucky to have found them. If not for them, some mean person would have adopted him, leaving him alone for hours then deciding he was too ugly to keep. He has loads of doggie pals [url]http://www.defuzzld.com/Gang.html[/url] (check out all the rescues, only one came from a breeder!) and kitties too! Loads of acres to run in...etc. I don't think I should call him a "freak" and not like him because some idiot decided to not nueter/spay his/her pets! He does look sort of weird at first glace, but after a while you get used to it. He's always smiling, and if I saw him at the pound my heart would definately point towards him... :iloveyou:
[img]http://www.defuzzld.com/sitebuilder/images/spike_lays-150x102.jpg[/img]

ok a story for you all. Yes, I think that dog is "not beautiful"...but I prefer dogs with hair, short hair. I am glad he got adopted and is well loved.

I have Laurel now, because she is considered "ugly" by Foxhound standards. She also had "issues" which people didnt want to deal with.
She is not beautiful, her eyes are sad, her coat has dings and scars, from 6 years of field trialing. her dew claws are ripped. Her ears are constantly infected. she was afraid of everything, and everybody. why did I take her? because NO ONE ELSE WOULD. not with all of these issues. and she
has proven to be the most loving, caring, obedient, responsive dog you could ask for. she wants no more than to be able to lay her head in your lap and know you love her. So as I warm up her Blue Power solution, again, to try to get rid of the ear infections (its ongoing) I think...is it worth it? the work? the trips toPetco to socialize her? the fear? and when I look in those adoring eyes, and she has her head in my lap and seems so content, I have to say YES!! IT IS!!