Dogomania

Chinese Crested - English Bulldog mix

Crested

I found this one page about a Chinese Crested - English Bulldog mix (and yes, you did read correcly!) called Spike. At first I thought he's incredibly ugly, but now I think he's kind of cute...
Here's the page where you can read more about him (and see more pics): [url]http://www.defuzzld.com/Spike.html[/url]

And... a must on all forums (especially dogo. ;)) PICS!!

[img]http://www.defuzzld.com/sitebuilder/images/Spike_front-141x190.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.defuzzld.com/sitebuilder/images/Spike_face-187x250.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.defuzzld.com/sitebuilder/images/Spike_up_close_face-250x248.jpg[/img]

That reminds me of a horrible lab experiement gone completely wrong. Kinda like the genetic problems they have in some rats and they come out born and are hairless, they are a genetically flawed.
Whats really scary is that some one may find this freak dog cute in an ugly sort of way and start breeding for them.
Some times I wonder about people and breeding? :-?

OK, one more thing I have to say.
How come every one gets into a frenzy when they read about poo breeds. Which by the way are better genetics than the freak dog shown on this page. This dog is obviously a genetic screw up and not cute but pitaful in a horrible way. Yet, every one is saying how cute it is :o why? how can we be so shallow. Some people are cross breeding which, when ya really think about it is totally much healthier genetics than breeding for inbred purebreds...and yet people think that a genetic freak is cute. This is probably the reason for our purebred suffering from so many genetic disease, oh, lets breed for a more pushed in face, or lets breed for a long snout, or lets breed for a huge dog, short legs, lets make a dog which can't breath normally.
Yet, some one crossbreeds healthy dogs and every one gets upset. What kind of world are we living in. It scares me.

Wow, got a load of my mind. Thanks for letting me go on :wink:

By the way, I know the dog on this link is not a purebred. But, the point Im making is that the dog is a genetic freak and should be looked apon in pity not saying how cute.
My anger lies in the fact that every one here get really mad about poo breeds and crossbreeding...and they think this awful looking sickly dog is cute? :-?

But, the point Im trying to make is that the dog is obviously a genetic freak and should be pitied.
Thats the problem, people love to love genetic freak which are unhealthy. The freakier looking the more poeple love them. This is a horrible way to breed dogs. I saw a Shih Tzu from show lines the other day that couldn't even keep its tongue in its mouth and its front paws where facing out wards. It looked like the dogs legs were on backwards. and people thought the dog was sweet looking cause it looked pitaful. Its kinda scary when you see some of the freak looking purebreds being bred now a days, kinda scary if you ask me.
Thats the only reason I got mad. It just seems that the uglier and more genetically unhealthy the more people love them.

first of all I think the dog looks freaky but then again I think that all dogs should be dogs with fur. i'm not keen on chinese/mexican crested and other hairless breeds, (no offence to those who have the breeds but we are all entitled to our own opinions :wink: ).

secondly going on the basis that this dog was a mishap and not an intentional breeding is why people are not rip raging about it.

matty, it is different when someone sees an accident like this that these owners were fORTUNATE enough to come across and be able to love, and when some lowlife thinks crossing two breeds will get him some pocket change. we have no need for more breeds. and what I dont understand is why some people dont see that.

anyway, spike i think is absolutely adorable, i love those strange dogs like that. to me, he looks like a happy healthy dog that just has some oddly attracted parents! :lol:

Guest Mutts4Me

How many times can one person call one poor, abandonned mutt a "freak"? You know, people have come on here with poodle mixes and various other mixes, and they have been cute dogs. People have told them they were cute dogs. We don't judge the dogs, we judge the breeders. If someone has a poo/doodle mix it doesn't make them a bad person, and it doesn't make the dog a bad (or ugly) dog. It makes them a mix.

If someone comes on here saying, "I just bought this poo/doodle from a breeder, isn't he just a doll?" People are going to say that he's cute, but they'll also tell them all about the designer-dog scams flooding this country and why they should think more carefully before supporting a BYB next time (as they'd probably do for [i]any[/i] BYB dog, not just a designer breed).

If someone comes on here saying "Hey, I've got this dog, and I'd like to mix it with this other kind of dog because a) I hear they're the perfect mix b) my friend has one and they're just so cute c) it'll give my kids a chance to see "the miracle of birth" d) I always wondered what that mix'd look like or e) various other reasons, then people would get MAD and complain, lecture, vent, etc.

But they're not going to get all outraged when they see a [i]rescue[/i] mix that just happens to be an odd combo but is not necessarily "pitiful" nor "sickly." And most of us certainly don't feel the need to call him a "genetic freak" merely because he doesn't fit some people's standards of "cute." A [b]genetic freak[/b] has something wrong ("freakish") with its genetics. This dog doesn't have anything wrong with its gentics, it's just a mix. White/albino Dobes and Boxers could be considered genetic freaks because their breeding often results in deafness and other problems (but people are still welcome to see a rescued white Dane and say it's cute, because it probably is).

Mutts4Me,
I already said I made a mistake. I thought they were breeding genetic freaks like the one on this post. And it is a freak, you can't say that is normal. Like the Shih Tzu I was talking about with the paws on backwards and tongue it couldn't keep in its mouth. That was purposely bred and it comes from show lines.
When I saw the dog on this thread I thought some one would see it with its mohawk hairdo and start thinking like most. Lets breed it, its cool looking. It happens alot, look at some of your purebreds out there some of them are purposely bred to look like freaks. By the way, purebreds are not natural, and I think they are much more unhealthy and outrageous than purposeful crossbreeding. Purebreds are inbred genetically unhealthy animals. We as humans have no right to do this injustice to our dogs by breeding for unnatural dogs such as purebreds. It upsets me that people think that that type of breeding is healthy :o

[quote name='Matty']But, the point Im trying to make is that the dog is obviously a genetic freak and should be pitied[/quote]

While I think the dog is ugly, i don't think ya need to come down that hard on the poor thing!

Basically what you're saying is that ALL mutts should be pittied, and that's just wrong!

This dog was a rescue, nobody knows if it was an intentional breeding or just some ignoramous that didn't get his 2 dogs fixed and then dumped the pups at the pound!
It's not the poor dogs fault!!

[b]Matty Wrote:[/b]

[quote]By the way, purebreds are not natural, and I think they are much more unhealthy and outrageous than purposeful crossbreeding.[/quote]

since when is breeding poo mixes purposeful? chipoos, pomapoos, pugapoos, pekepoos, cockapoos, goldendoodles, those are purposeful?! as a breeder of dogs, i have to entirely disagree here. who is to say purebred are all unhealthy? who is to say there aren't mutts out there who are so messed up they look like a lego set gone bad compared to a purebred with HD?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Leave my Poodles out of it!!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQDrAocfPDyPoHbo*VO*k6YkVsjsui1KYGfqoPb3PGet0mEYsc71EksSfApXuugKjHdt1Ms4!cD27pQV8nrn8eGFAsZtQLNNXKjD2r4GkamopYnFlocgBqczhAoYvn9velUnJkIw14er*9gmASx*dQ/crying%20girl.gif?dc=4675436072349453090[/img][/quote]

awww heeh HF it's ok ..the poodles will be left outta it!! *hugs*

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Matty']Mutts4Me,
I already said I made a mistake. I thought they were breeding genetic freaks like the one on this post. And it is a freak, you can't say that is normal. [/quote]

How is it any more of a freak than my chow/shepherd cross? Except that the Bulldog/Crested cross isn't cute and fluffy like my mutt? I don't think either mix is a freak. Spike has the skin/pattern of a crested, with the mohawk, but has a structure that more resembles a Bulldog. That's what mixes do... they blend breeds together. Just because you think the outcome is ugly doesn't make it a freak. That we know of, there's nothing [i]wrong[/i] with that dog. (There's a difference between something looking "freaky" and being a "genetic freak.")

This mix is a "genetic freak" and purebreds are "not natural" and "genetically unhealthy." So... what dogs are NOT screwed up genetic messes?

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='DivineOblivion19']In high school [size=2](and even now I guess :oops: )[/size] when my friends and I were drinking, we would threaten each other and say "whoever passes out first is going to get *insert embarrassing torture here*" Well, this dog looks like a staffie bull who passed out first.... :lol: :lol: [/quote]

THAT is hilarious :)