Dogomania

Psychiatric treatment for woman who breastfed puppy

Seijun

[quote name='"Mei-Mei"'][quote]
As for breastfeeding children, well, not to insult anyone here, but I really worry about children who are breastfed as late as four or five years of age. Children shouldn't have bottles then either; why would one want to breastfeed that long? I'm not sure its psychologically sound.[/quote]

Ahem. [i]I[/i] was breastfed until that age and I can't even remember it. It did not have any ill effects on me. :wink:

Anyway, wasn't the baby refusing to take her milk anyway? I see absolutelty NOTHING wrong with giving your milk to a puppy if your own human child doesn't want it anymore. How can it be called neglecting the child if the child refuses to breastfeed? If I had a child who didn't want to breastfeed, and I had a puppy who needed to breastfeed, I would let the puppy breastfeed off of me. It only makes sense. Why spend money on puppy milk when you have some of your own right there and not even being used? I agree that the pup shouldn't be away from the mother that early, but we don't know the full story here.

~Seij

:o Okey Dokey .......here we go, I'll add my 2 cents.
I've had 4 kids, tried breast feeding with the last two, didn't take.
All 4 were bottle fed and healthy. :wink:
I agree with the comment that was made about the La Leche League being a bit like PETA, they are, over the top, very pushy people. :-?

Now personally I would not breast feed an animal, but I would express milk into a bottle for it, and I wouldn't call the news and announce it. :roll:
This woman obviously has a need for attention.......she didn't just simply breast feed the pup and keep it to herself, she called the media......really what did she expect ??? :-?
AND, how would her breastfeeding the pup make it protect the baby ???
It would moreso be inclined to protect her(the woman) because it's creating a bond with the pup through the breastfeeding........
I have a feeling that this woman isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and maybe a little observation isn't a bad thing........ :wink: :lol:

[quote name='IlBLisSlI']There is no better bonding experience with your pet than to give it all of the love that your glands will provide. Taking it one step farther I think that if you can't provide milk for your little pet I believe you should try to bond with it in other ways. for instance, say you own a snake or a gofer or any other subterranean critter... there's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking them in your bum and giving them a nice, dark, and warm place to stay while at the same time holding them close (very very close) and bonding with them. :roll:
I guess what I

[quote name='courtnek']me too. Who was the star that had to go to the hospital because the guinea pigs got, ummm, "stuck"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:o Guinea Pigs ???? I do believe that would be gerbils if your talking the back end............ :lol:
I should think the GP's are a little large for that.............. :oops:

And Richard Gere ????? :o