Dogomania

Staffi worries...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Having grown up with two fabulous golden retrievers as a child, I was a bit taken back when I fell in love with Digit, an exuberant staffi bull (who was, unfortunatly not for sale). But since then i've been determined... I've scouted different breeders and trainers for three years and finally have the availability and income to care for a dog. I can't imagine getting anything other then a staffi....
Which leads me to my alarm at learning that by law, any bull terrier must be muzzled as they are classified as "violent dogs". What's more, with the growing attention of Toronto's possible pit bull ban, Vancouver is considering baning pit bulls as well... and possibly bull terrier breeds all together.
Have these people ever met a staffi? Do they run the fear of being kissed to death?
Since learning this information I have heard various accounts of friends/relatives/community member's pits and staffis being abused, peppersprayed or poisoned... will it be safe for my dog if I get him/her during this situation? Or perhaps, should I wait until it's settled (which, lets face it could take years).
Advice needed!
What do I do?!

Are you in Ontario? If you're in Ontario, you'd better wait until this thing is settled. If that idiot's bill doesn't pass, things should settle down and then would be okay. If it does pass, you'll have to move if you want a Staffy. If you are in Vancouver, you'd probably be okay to get a Staffy, they're just making noise right now. But anytime you get one, you [i]will[/i] have to be careful and alert for people who might want to hurt your dog. Never leave a Staffy outside unattended, and be careful when you go out with the dog.