Dogomania

Remember....

Seijun

Remember the lab/golden mix pup that I told you about-the one the self-proclaimed "animal loving" husband got, the one he never paid attention to, never played with but once, left his wife to take care of, fed only OldRoy on the occasion that they were home; the one he let run lose mere feet from the main road; the pup he would yell at, beat, and tie up if it ran away causing the pup to fear the husband and want to run away again, causing the husband to beat it and yell at it even more.. Remember that one? Well, they had it euthanized last week because the husband "didn't want to spend $1,000 on a fence" (hellooo, ever heard of an

How sad and what a completely horrible person. Fancy being married to something like that. I'm afraid I would either leave him or kick him out.
Did anyone ever report him for cruelty?

This says a lot for the need to license people before they are allowed the priviledge of owing a dog. I would not allow this person to even own a stuffed toy.

At least he can do no more harm to the poor little pup.

No, no one ever reported him. The dog was fed. It was horrible food, and often times wet from rain, but it was food, and the dog was not underweight. It had water, most of the time. The dog also had shelter, although she never used it. As far as beating, I never saw it, but the husband and his mother often yelled and threatened to beat the dog and after about a month of their having the dog she became [b]terrified[/b] of anything resembling a broom handle, although there were no physical signs of abuse. I wished that I could have reported him, but in the eyes of the law the dog was legally NOT being abused. :x You all know how that works... I don't know why the wife couldn't have reported it, but I don't know her well enough to judge (she strikes me as being extremely timid though, and she is always stuck with doing the hard work while the rest of the family just sits around, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the husband is abusive to her as well).

~Seij

HE and his mother seemed to think the dog was out of control. :roll: The pup was only about 8 months old, and they only had her about three months. The only thing she EVER did wrong was follow me home every morning and evening if she was lose (she hardly ever ran away by herself). She never barked or howled unless a stranger came into the yard or they were gone all day and had left her tied up. She never chewed on ANYTHING even if she was very bored. She was even house trained even though they never let her indoors. The husband and mother grew to hate the pup though because it ran off from home so much and if they YELLED at it to come (i.e.-"Come here, I'm gonna beat you good") she would tuck in her tail and run even further away. The other thing they hated was how if guests came she would run up to greet them and try to lick their hands. The guests would yell at her when she came to great them.

The owners tried to give her away but no one wanted her, so they took her to the shelter and they didn't have room I guess (please note, the owners tried only a few days to find her a new home). Really, you couldn't have found an easier dog anywhere. At least the husband didn't get the German shepherds he had wanted (or as he put it "I really like dogs, I might get a whole pack of German shepherds)".

~Seij