Dogomania

Cow hocks

Aroura

[quote name='Seijun']She is about 5 or 6 years old. Unfortunately I just don't think she has the concentration level required to weight pull. Also, she didn't receive any training for anything until she was three. Pretty much any chance she had at a serious "job" was ruined by her first owners.

~Seij[/quote]

Elmo wasn't trained at all until he was nearly 4, which is when I got him. His first 3 owners never did anything with him. I don't think they even took him out much, since he pulled incredibly badly on a leash, and couldn't ride calmly in a car.
Old dogs [i]can[/i] learn new tricks!

About the cow hocks... mild cow hocks are probably more of a cosmetic fault than anything, but more severe cow hocks are definitely a weakness. It's hard to evaluate structure in a pup though, a pup can definitely outgrow apparent structural defects. Pups don't grow evenly.

Toeing out in front is called "easty westy", a severe toe out can be called "fiddle fronted", and again, that would be a weakness, but a slight toe out is actually the most functional structure for a dog. The Staffybull standard does call for a dog to toe out slightly at the pasterns.

[img]http://www.wolfweb.com/cgibin/bbandit.cgi?may03-2&jpg[/img]

that's the best picture I could find to demonstrate the cow-hocking in wolves. average life span is 6-8 years, but there are of course exceptions.
Solitary wolves are actually quite rare (lone wolf) and only occurs when the
wolf has been ousted from the pack. Outcasts generally try to join other packs as low ranking members. A true Lone Wolf doesnt usually last long, having to feed on small catchable animals, and leftovers from other kills.

Oh, Divina may look goofy, but she's absolutly gorgeous! What a darling :wink:

Well I think Diego is growing out of his cow hock, I put him in a stand this morning and you would have never noticed there had been a problem, its probably just a good day and I probably fluked a good stand, but at least its a sign that its going away :D